The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6) take a six-game losing streak into a matchup with the Houston Texans (1-6) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 at TIAA Bank Field. Houston is a favorite in the game. The over/under is set at for the outing.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 2, 2020, 7:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Texans vs. Jaguars odds
- Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 51.5 in four games (57.1% of matchups).
- In three (42.9%) games this season, the Jaguars have combined with their opponents to go over 51.5 points.
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (45.7 points per game) is 5.8 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams yield a combined 62.4 points per game, 10.9 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Texans games average 54.7 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total for Jaguars games is 53.4 points, 1.9 more than this game’s over/under.
- The Jaguars are the league’s 26th-highest scoring team this season compared to the 22nd-ranked Texans.
- Houston is the NFL’s 30th-ranked scoring defense while Jacksonville is the 31st-ranked.
Texans Betting Insights
- Most of Houston’s games this year — four out of seven — have hit the over (57.1%).
- Houston has compiled a losing 1-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Texans are 1-0 ATS when favored by at least 6.0 points.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Four of Jacksonville’s seven games this year have gone over the point total (57.1% of its outings).
- Jacksonville has a losing 2-5 record against the spread.
Texans vs Jaguars: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/11/2020||Texans||Texans||-6.00||54.50||-265||+225||486-364 HOU||30-14 HOU|
|11/3/2019||Jaguars||Jaguars||-1||46||-114||+100||410-356 HOU||26-3 HOU|
|9/15/2019||Texans||Texans||-7.5||42.5||-360||+300||281-263 JAX||13-12 HOU|
When the Texans Have the Ball
- The Texans have averaged 7.7 fewer points per game this season (23.7) than the Jaguars have allowed (31.4).
- In games where Houston score at least 23.7 points this season, they are 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- When the Jacksonville defense allows 31.4 points or fewer this year, the Jaguars have pieced together a 1-2 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- The Texans offense has averaged 367.6 total yards per game this season, 56.8 yards fewer than the 424.4 allowed by the Jaguars defense. The Texans average 6.2 yards per play while the Jaguars allow 6.4 per play.
- In contests where the Houston offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- When Jacksonville allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall this season.
- The Jaguars defense has given up an average of 142.6 yards per game to opposing running games this season. That is 57.7 more yards than the Texans have gained running the football in 2020 (84.9).
- When Houston rushers gain at least a combined 84.9 yards this season, they are 1-3 overall and 1-3 against the spread.
- This season, when the Jacksonville defense allows opponents to pick up less than 142.6 yards on the ground, they are 2-3 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- This season, the Jaguars have forced an average of 0.9 turnovers per game compared to the 1.1 times Texans have turned the football over in each contest.
- When Houston turns the football over 1.1 times or fewer this season, they are 0-5 overall and 0-5 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall this season when they force at least 0.9 turnovers in a game.
When the Jaguars Have the Ball
- The Jaguars average 22 points per game, nine fewer than the Texans give up per outing (31).
- When Jacksonville records at least 22 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- Houston has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games when it surrenders 23.7 points or less.
- The Jaguars average 73.7 fewer yards per game (343), than the Texans allow per matchup (416.7). On average, the Jaguars pick up 5.5 yards per play, while the Texans give up 6.1 per play.
- When the Houston offense put together a game with at least their 2019 average in yardage, they were 7-3 overall and 5-4 against the spread last season.
- Houston has a 1-5 record ATS and a 1-5 record overall when holding its opponents to 416.7 yards or less.
- The Jaguars rush for 96.6 yards per game, 69.3 fewer per game than the 165.9 the Texans allow per outing.
- Jacksonville has a 1-1 ATS record and a 0-2 overall record when the team runs for at least 96.6 yards.
- This season, Houston is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when holding opponents to no more than 165.9 yards on the ground.
- This year, the Jaguars turn the ball over 1.4 times per game, just 0.8 more turnovers per game than the 0.6 the Texans force on average.
- Jacksonville is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it turns the ball over 1.4 or fewer times.
- This season, Houston has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when it forces at least 0.6 turnovers.
Texans Players to Watch
- Watson leads the team with 2,095 passing yards (299.3 yards per game) and has a 69.5% completion percentage this year (166-of-239) while throwing 15 touchdowns and five interceptions in seven games. He also has 147 rushing yards on 30 carries with one touchdown, averaging 21.0 yards per game.
- Johnson has rushed for a team-leading 392 yards on 101 carries (56.0 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns in seven games. He also averages 23.0 receiving yards per game, grabbing 16 passes for 161 yards and one touchdown.
- This season, Fuller has 31 catches (on 47 targets) to lead the team with 490 yards (70.0 per game) with five touchdowns in seven games.
- Cooks’ statline this year shows 34 grabs for 427 yards and two touchdowns in seven games. He averages 61.0 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 51 times.
- Over seven games in 2020, Cobb has caught 30 passes on 38 targets for 372 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 53.1 receiving yards per game.
- Watt has collected a team-leading 3.0 sacks, while adding 5.0 TFL and 23 tackles over seven games.
- In seven games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Cunningham has collected 72 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Roby has a team-high one interception and has tacked on 29 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended seven in games this season.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Gardner Minshew has thrown for 1,855 yards while completing 65.9% of his passes (176-of-267), with 13 touchdowns and five interceptions in seven games this year (265.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 25 times for 122 yards and one touchdown, averaging 17.4 yards per game.
- James Robinson has churned out a team-high 481 rushing yards (68.7 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns in seven games. He has tacked on 27 catches for 225 yards (32.1 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- This season, Keelan Cole has 28 catches (on 39 targets) to lead the team with 374 yards (53.4 per game) while scoring three touchdowns in seven games.
- Laviska Shenault Jr.’s statline this year shows 29 catches for 324 yards and one touchdown in seven games. He averages 46.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 38 times.
- D.J. Chark has collected 291 yards on 26 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 48.5 yards per game on 41 targets in six contests.
- Josh Allen has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 2.0 TFL and six tackles over five games.
- In seven games over the 2020 campaign, Josh Jones has totaled 57 tackles and leads the team in tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from