In the article below you’ll find stats and insights about Gooch from before the tournament to help you place in-progress bets for this event.
The betting trends in the following article use the latest odds as of July 15, 2022 at 12:20 AM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Talor Gooch odds for The Open Championship
Gooch’s recent form
- Over his last five appearances, Gooch has finished in the top five once.
- He has made three cuts over his last five tournaments.
- Over his last five tournaments, Gooch has finished within five shots of the leader one time and finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- He has finished with an average score of -1 those three times he’s made the cut.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
Course history: Gooch at The Open Championship
- Over Gooch’s last two trips to this tournament, he’s finished among the top five once. His average finish at the event is 19th.
- Gooch made the cut in each of his last two attempts at this event.
- Gooch last played this event in 2022 and finished fifth.
- He finished one round with one of the five best scores of the day in his last trip to this tournament.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- The Tour has played courses with an average length of 7,265 yards over the past year, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) is set to play at 7,297 yards.
- The courses Gooch has played over the past year have an average distance of 7,258 yards, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) will play at 7,297 yards this week.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Talor Gooch 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 13-16||The Open Championship||5||68 (-4)||–||–||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||MC||74-71||0.66||-3.06||$0|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||27||72-69-67-72 (E)||–||–||$56,333|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||20||69-70-74-68 (+1)||15.596||-0.264||$191,250|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||MC||73-68||-5.174||-0.416||$0|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||72-74-73-71 (+2)||7.16||0.172||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||70-78||-5.946||4.305||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||7||69-68-72-77 (-2)||9.157||1.023||$390,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||MC||77-73||-4.606||-3.964||$0|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||26||70-64-67-75 (-8)||3.112||1.796||$58,630|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||20||73-66-72-67 (-10)||5.289||-1.115||$95,508|
|January 20-24||The American Express||MC||75-68-68||-2.01||-1.721||$0|
|January 13-17||Sony Open in Hawaii||27||67-66-66-69 (-12)||3.573||0.110||$49,250|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||15||68-70-67-67 (-20)||3.212||-2.343||$132,500|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from