Estimates peg the amount of money to be bet on Super Bowl LIV at $6.8 million. With every passing year for the foreseeable future, a bigger chunk of that early-February pie is going to come from legalized sports betting. We’re up to 14 states with some form of legalized wagering for this year’s showdown between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers. By Super Bowl LV, another six states at minimum will have joined in on the action.
As it is, there are no shortage of Super Bowl-based promotions being offered by legal sportsbooks for this year’s edition of the Big Game. For sportsbooks, special promotions are often a major form of new customer acquisition. Therefore, first-time depositors are the target of many an enticing offer.
The Super Bowl is a big exception to the rule, however. Operators are naturally looking to maximize their handle on what is considered the biggest single day in sports betting on the calendar annually. Bettors of all levels can therefore often take advantage of multiple attractive offers, including odds boosts, risk-free bets, squares pools, and other similar opportunities.
Here are some of the special promotions available at some of the biggest online sportsbooks on Super Bowl Sunday:
DraftKings Sportsbook Big Game Props
Prop bets qualify as one of the most popular forms of Super Bowl bets annually. Even novice bettors who only place money down on sports once a year on Super Sunday quickly understand the binary premise of a prop – whether a specific event or specific statistical milestone does or doesn’t transpire during the course of a game.
DraftKings Sportsbook is putting up a huge jackpot prize for Super Bowl bettors, and the more props you bet on, the more chances you have to win. Here’s how it works.
- Every $10 placed in Super Bow LIV prop bets on DraftKings Sportsbook is worth one entry into a $200,000 jackpot.
- The maximum amount of possible jackpot entries earned is capped at 20 entries per user.
- Qualifying bets must have odds of -250 or lower (-251 will not qualify).
- Game props, player props, team props and novelty props that meet the odds requirement and are found on the Big Game Props Page within the DK Sportsbook app qualify for the promotion.
- Excludes cash out bets, parlays, live bets, free bets, voided bets and odds boosts.
- Jackpot drawing takes place on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
Related promotion: $25 Free
- Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and receive $25 in free bets. No deposit necessary! Use the bets any way you wish.
- New signups will also receive a 20% match on their deposit worth up to $500. Deposit $2,500 to get the maximum bonus available, but only risk what you can afford to lose!
- New players will also receive a risk-free bet on their first real-money bet. Lose your first bet and you’ll receive up to a $500 refund from DraftKings as site credits.
DraftKings Sportsbook Big Game Squares
- $54K prize pool.
- Players click on a square on the contest grid. The grid consists of 10 rows and 10 columns. That will be the participant’s square for all four quarters.
- The contents of each square on the contest grid will be revealed once Super Bowl LIV kicks off. Each square will contain two numbers. If the final digit of both teams’ score at the end of any quarter matches the numbers for the users’ square then the user wins a share of a cash prize that’s shared with all other contestants who also had the winning numbers in their squares.
FanDuel Sportsbook Props Pick ‘Em
FanDuel is offering both its daily fantasy sports and sports betting customers a chance to make 15 prop bets for Super Bowl LIV absolutely free of charge.
- Those selecting 12 out of 15 props correctly will win $100.
- Those selecting all 15 props correctly will win the $15,000 grand prize.
- The contest is open to both existing or new FanDuel DFS or FanDuel Sportsbook customers.
Participants need not be in a state with legal sports betting to participate; the contest is also open to all residents of states where FanDuel’s DFS product is legal.
Bet MGM: Bet $1, Win $200
This promotion, which MGM also ran for both of the conference championship games, almost falls into too-good-to-be-true category. Yet, it’s aptly named – bettors are nearly guaranteed the equivalent of a $200 return by risking just $1.
- Bettors place a moneyline bet of at least $1 on either the 49ers or Chiefs.
- Irrespective of whether the team they wagered on wins the game, the bettor will receive $200 in free bets on BetMGM’s site to be used within the subsequent seven days if either team scores at least one touchdown during the game.
- Only pre-game moneyline bets qualify; no in-game moneyline wagers count toward the promotion.
Caesars Sportsbook: Insurance Promotion- Up to $300 Free Bet
Caesars is offering this promotion for new sportsbook customers on Super Bowl Sunday. New customers will be eligible to receive up to $300 worth of site credit when placing a moneyline or point spread bet on the 49ers-Chiefs showdown. The amount awarded will match the amount of their original losing bet.
- Free bet only awarded if original bet results in a loss. In the event of a push, no free bet is awarded, only original wager amount is refunded.
- Bet must be a minimum of $1.00
- No in-game wagers will qualify for the promotion. Only straight bets will qualify, parlays are excluded.
- Free bet amount awarded must be utilized in one wager, it cannot be split up.
- Original bet must carry odds greater than -200 to qualify.
- Free bet amount must be used with seven days of being awarded.
PointsBet No Juice Spreads
PointsBet is offering its New Jersey customers a two-hour window — Noon to 2:00 pm EST — each day through Friday to enjoy lines that are free of the sportsbook’s vig.
- Maximum bet is $100 per day during the promotional period.
- Only cash bets qualify, no bonus bets allowed.
- Only single straight bets qualify.
Stay tuned for more contests and promos ahead of Super Bowl 54!