The Detroit Pistons (1-7) are underdogs () to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (6-2) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Little Caesars Arena. The matchup airs on FS-DET. The matchup’s point total is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Pistons Betting Odds
Suns vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 8
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Knee),
Josh Jackson: Day To Day (Ankle),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
Suns and Pistons Records ATS
- Phoenix is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 6-2.
- Only 2 of 8 Phoenix games this season (25%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- So far this season, Detroit managed an even 4-4 record ATS.
- 37.5% of Detroit’s 8 games this season have fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
Derrick Rose scored a team-high 31 points to lead the Pistons over Devin Booker (26 points) and the Suns 113-111 in their most recent matchup on Friday. The Suns were favored by 9 points in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the loss. The teams put up a total of 224 total points to go over the 217.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2020||Suns||Suns||-9||217.5||-387||306||Regular Season||113-111 DET|
|2/5/2020||Suns||Pistons||-3||217.5||-149||125||Regular Season||116-108 DET|
|3/21/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 DET|
|11/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-107 DET|
|3/20/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-88 DET|
|11/29/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||131-107 DET|
|3/19/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-95 DET|
|11/9/2016||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-100 PHO|
|12/2/2015||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-122 DET|
|11/6/2015||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 DET|
- In Phoenix’s matchups this season, the Suns and their opponents have eclipsed Friday’s point total of 218.5 points 54 times (675% of opportunities).
- In 75% of Detroit’s games this season (6 of 8), the total points scored was more than Friday’s 218.5-point over/under.
- The Suns have seen a 212.1 average over/under in their games this season, 6.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 12.1 points separates the average total points bet in Pistons’ games (230.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (218.5 points).
- The Suns have an average implied point total equal to their implied total in Friday’s game (113).
- Phoenix has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (113) 37 times this season.
- The Pistons’ average implied point total on the season (114.5 points) is 8.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- Detroit has scored more than 106 points six times this season.
- The Suns are at the 19th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (109.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 26th-fewest points per game (119.1) in the league.
- The Suns have totaled 59 more points than their opponents this season (7.4 per game on average), while the Pistons have been out-scored by 61 total points (7.6 per game average differential).
- The Suns scoring leader is Booker, who contributes 21.5 points per game.
- Booker’s points prop total for the contest is set at 24.5, 3.0 points higher than his season average of 21.5.
- Phoenix is led in rebounding by Deandre Ayton’s 11.4 rebounds per game and assisting by Chris Paul’s 8.3 assists per game .
- Ayton’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 2.0 higher than his season average of 26.5.
- Mikal Bridges is the top three-point shooter for the Suns, connecting on 2.8 per game.
- Bridges’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Paul leads the team with 0.9 steals per game. Bridges collects 1.4 blocks a contest to pace Phoenix.
- Paul’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.6 steals higher than his season average of 0.9.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 24.0 points per game. He adds 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game this season.
- Grant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 14.5, 9.5 points less than his season average of 24.0.
- The Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists are Mason Plumlee (9.6 rebounds per game) and Rose (5.4 assists per game).
- Rose’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 2.5 greater than his season average of 23.0.
- Saddiq Bey makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, cashing in 2.7 treys per game.
- Bey’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Plumlee is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Grant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from