The New Orleans Pelicans (2-1) are just underdogs against the Phoenix Suns (2-1) at PHX Arena on Tuesday, December 29, 2020. The game tips at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 29, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Suns vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 29
Suns: Dario Saric: Day To Day (Quad), Abdel Nader: Out (Concussion), Jalen Smith: Out (Ankle)
Pelicans: Wenyen Gabriel: Out (Right Knee)
Suns and Pelicans Records ATS
- Phoenix went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 37-34-2.
- The Suns were 11-12-1 against the spread last season when they were at least a 3-point favorite.
- Only 35 of 73 Phoenix games last season (47.9%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- New Orleans came up even ATS last season with an even 34-34-4 record ATS.
- When playing as at least a 3-point underdog last season, the Pelicans often met expectations with a 13-9-1 record against the spread.
- 45.8% of New Orleans’ 72 games last season went under the total.
Head to Head
The Suns defeated the Pelicans 139-132 in the last meeting between the two teams on Thursday. Devin Booker scored 44 points to pace the Suns, and JJ Redick scored 26 points for the Pelicans. The Suns covered the spread as 4-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 271 total points to hit the over on the 235.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/5/2019||Pelicans||Pelicans||-4||235.5||-178||148||Regular Season||139-132 PHO*|
|11/21/2019||Suns||Suns||-3.5||234||-163||136||Regular Season||124-121 NO*|
|4/5/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-126 PHO|
|3/16/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||138-136 PHO|
|3/1/2019||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-116 NO|
|11/10/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-99 NO|
|4/6/2018||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-103 NO|
|2/26/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 NO|
|11/24/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 NO|
|2/13/2017||–||Suns||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-108 NO|
- 12/5/2019 DNP – Suns: Deandre Ayton, Aron Baynes; Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 11/21/2019 DNP – Suns: Deandre Ayton, Ricky Rubio, Aron Baynes; Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- In Phoenix’s matchups last season, the Suns and their opponents went over Tuesday’s over/under of 221.5 points 47 times (64.4% of opportunities).
- 50 New Orleans games last year (69.4% of its matchups) ended with a final total higher than Tuesday’s over/under of 221.5 points.
- On average, the Suns saw a 227 over/under in their games last season, 5.5 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 11.5 points separates the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (233 points) and this game’s over/under (221.5 points).
- The Suns had an average implied point total of 116.8 last season, which is 4.8 points higher than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (112).
- Last season, Phoenix outscored its implied point total for this matchup (112) 40 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Pelicans (118.6) is 9.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- New Orleans scored more than 109 points in 53 games last season.
- Last season, the Suns were the league’s 10th-highest scoring team (113.6 PPG), while the Pelicans allowed the 27th-fewest points per game (117.1) in NBA action.
- The Suns totaled only 16 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 0.2 per game), while the Pelicans were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 93 total points, -1.3 per game).
- Booker contributed 26.6 points per game last season.
- Deandre Ayton collected 11.5 rebounds per game and Chris Paul dished out 6.7 assists per outing.
- Paul averaged 1.6 steals per game. Ayton collected 1.5 blocks a contest.
- Brandon Ingram scored 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams collected 9.2 rebounds a game and Lonzo Ball dished out 7.0 assists per outing.
- Ball averaged 1.4 steals per game. Adams collected 1.1 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from