The Phoenix Suns (26-12) are double-digit, favorites against the Minnesota Timberwolves (9-31) on Thursday, March 18 at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on FS-N+. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 18, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Suns vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 18
Abdel Nader: Day To Day (Knee),
Cameron Johnson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jordan McLaughlin: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jarrett Culver: Day To Day (Toe),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
Suns and Timberwolves Records ATS
- Phoenix is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 25-12-1.
- The Suns are 3-0 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 10.5-point favorite.
- 19 of 38 Phoenix games this season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota has a 15-23-2 record against the spread this season.
- Minnesota and its opponents have often hit the over this season, doing so in 52.5% (21) of its 40 games played.
Head to Head
The Suns got a team-high 43 points from Devin Booker on the way to a 118-99 victory over Anthony Edwards (24 points) and the Timberwolves in their last matchup on February 28, 2021. The Suns were 10.5-point favorites in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 217 total points to finish under the 225-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2021||Suns||Timberwolves||-10.5||225||-586||425||Regular Season||118-99 PHO|
- Phoenix’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Thursday’s matchup over/under (228.5 points) in 14 out of 38 opportunities (36.8% of matchups).
- 20 Minnesota games this year (50% of its matchups) ended with a final total greater than Thursday’s total of 228.5 points.
- The Suns have seen a 221.7 average over/under in their games this season, 6.8 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Timberwolves’ games have an over/under of 226.7 points this season, 1.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Suns’ average implied point total this season is 6.7 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (113.3 implied points on average compared to 120 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Phoenix has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (120) 13 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Timberwolves (116.7) is 7.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- Minnesota has scored more than this game’s implied total of 109 points 23 times this season.
- The Suns are the league’s 11th-highest scoring team (114.1 PPG), while the Timberwolves allow the 28th-fewest points per game (117.3) in NBA action.
- The Suns have put up a total of 245 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.5 per game), while the Timberwolves have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 315 total points, -7.9 per game).
- Booker leads the Suns in scoring, averaging 25.1 points per game.
- Chris Paul leads Phoenix with 8.8 assists per game and Deandre Ayton paces the team with 11.1 rebounds per outing.
- The Suns are led by Jae Crowder from long distance. He makes 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Paul leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Ayton collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Phoenix.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is at the top of the Timberwolves scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 22.2 points per game and 10.3 rebounds per game this season.
- Ricky Rubio has the title of Minnesota assist leader, dishing out 6.7 assists per game this season.
- D’Angelo Russell leads the Timberwolves in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Minnesota’s Rubio has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Towns is first in blocks with 1.7 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from