Pacific Division foes meet when the Phoenix Suns (27-13) host the Los Angeles Lakers (28-14) at PHX Arena, tipping off at 10:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 21, 2021. The Lakers are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 215.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of March 20, 2021, 4:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Lakers Betting Odds
Suns vs Lakers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 21
Cameron Johnson: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Marc Gasol: Out (Conditioning)
Suns and Lakers Records ATS
- Phoenix has a 27-13 record ATS this year.
- The Suns are 14-9 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 3.5-point favorite.
- 20 of 40 Phoenix games this season (50%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- So far this season, Los Angeles has maintained an even 21-21 record ATS.
- The Lakers hold an even 17-17 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 3.5-point underdog.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have typically been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 38.1% (16) of their 42 games played.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Suns took down the Lakers 114-104. Dario Saric led the Suns with 21 points, and LeBron James paced the Lakers with 38. The Suns covered the spread as 1-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 218 total points to cover the 215.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2021||Suns||Lakers||-1||215.5||-114||-107||Regular Season||114-104 PHO|
- In Phoenix’s matchups this season, the Suns and their opponents have eclipsed Sunday’s point total of 215.5 points 25 times (62.5% of opportunities).
- 25 Los Angeles games this year (59.5% of its matchups) finished with a final total greater than Sunday’s total of 215.5 points.
- On average, the Suns have seen a 222 over/under in their games this season, 6.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.5 points separates the average total points bet in Lakers’ games (218 points) and this contest’s over/under (215.5 points).
- The Suns have an average implied point total of 113.7 this season, which is 3.7 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (110).
- This season, Phoenix has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (110) 24 times.
- The Lakers’ average implied point total on the season (114.2 points) is 8.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- Los Angeles has scored more than 106 points 30 times this season.
- The Suns are the league’s 12th-highest scoring team (114.2 PPG), while the Lakers allow the second-fewest points per game (106.1) in NBA play.
- The Suns have out-scored their opponents by a total of 253 points this season (6.4 points per game on average), and the Lakers have put up 245 more points than their opponents on the year (5.8 per game).
- Devin Booker leads the Suns in scoring, racking up 25.1 points per game.
- Deandre Ayton paces Phoenix with 10.9 rebounds a game and Chris Paul leads the squad with 8.7 assists per outing.
- Jae Crowder is the top three-point shooter for the Suns, connecting on 2.4 per game.
- Paul leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Ayton collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Phoenix.
- James has the top spot on the Lakers scoring and assist lists, putting up 25.4 points and 7.9 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Anthony Davis is the Los Angeles leader with 8.4 per game.
- James is tops from three-point range for the Lakers, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- Davis is a defensive force for Los Angeles, leading the team in both steals (1.4 per game) and blocks (1.8 per game).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from