The Charlotte Hornets (23-21) are underdogs (by 6 points) to continue a five-game home winning streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (30-14) on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 219.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of March 28, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Hornets Betting Odds
Suns vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 28
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Malik Monk: Day To Day (Foot),
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Leg),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
Suns and Hornets Records ATS
- Phoenix has a 30-14 record ATS this year.
- The Suns have a winning record against the spread when favored by 6 points or more, going 10-7 this season.
- Phoenix and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 47.7% of its games this season (21/44).
- Charlotte has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 23-19-1.
- 23 of Charlotte’s 43 games (53.5%) this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
Malik Monk (29 points) led the Hornets over Devin Booker (33 points) and the Suns 124-121 in their most recent matchup on February 24, 2021. The Suns were favored by 9.5 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread. The 245 total points in the matchup went over the 225-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2021||Suns||Suns||-9.5||225||-433||335||Regular Season||124-121 CHA|
- In Phoenix’s matchups this season, the Suns and their opponents have exceeded Sunday’s total of 219 points 20 times (45.5% of opportunities).
- In Charlotte’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup total in 27 out of 44 matchups (61.4%).
- This season, the average total for Suns games is 221 points, two more than the over/under of 219 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 5.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (224.5 points).
- The average implied total for the Suns this season is 113.4 points, 0.4 more points than their implied total of 113 points in Sunday’s game.
- This season, Phoenix has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (113) 20 times.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total on the season (115.2 points) is 8.2 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- Charlotte has scored more than 107 points 32 times this season.
- The Suns are the league’s 11th-highest scoring team (113.7 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 19th-fewest points per game (112.5) in NBA action.
- The Suns have totaled a total of 283 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.4 per game), while the Hornets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 27 total points, -0.6 per game).
- The Suns scoring leader is Booker, who contributes 24.9 points per game.
- Booker’s points prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 0.6 points higher than his season average of 24.9.
- Deandre Ayton paces Phoenix with 10.9 rebounds per game and Chris Paul leads the squad with 8.7 assists per matchup.
- Paul’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.9 lower than his season average of 29.4.
- Jae Crowder is the top three-point shooter for the Suns, hitting 2.4 per game.
- Crowder’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Paul leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Ayton collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Phoenix.
- Paul’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Hornets leader in scoring is Terry Rozier with 20.5 points per game. He also adds 3.8 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 19.5, 1.0 point lower than his season average of 20.5.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Cody Zeller with 7.1 rebounds per game and LaMelo Ball with 6.1 assists per game.
- Zeller’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 16.5, 1.8 less than his season average of 18.3.
- Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, hitting 3.3 threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and P.J. Washington leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Washington’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from