SugarHouse Sportsbook is owned by Rush Street Gaming, whose name might ring a bell among sports betting fans. The company runs BetRivers Sportsbook, which operates in several states.
The brand has a strong pedigree in the gambling industry, so it was well-positioned to transition its customers to SugarHouse Sportsbook. In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut, bettors will find SugarHouse an exciting sportsbook with a full suite of wagering options and a solid welcome bonus.
This review details our impressions of SugarHouse Sportsbook. We look at promotions, market selection, the sportsbook app and everything else that can help you get a fuller picture of this online sportsbook.
SugarHouse Sportsbook promo code in 2022
SugarHouse means business when it comes to introducing newcomers to its sportsbook. It offers a 100% matching deposit bonus of up to $250 as a welcome for new customers in PA, CT and NJ. And all you have to do to claim it is enter the code PLAY250.
|Online Sportsbook||SugarHouse Sportsbook|
|Deposit bonus||100% match up to $250|
|Legal states||CT, NJ & PA|
|Last updated||May 2022|
How the SugarHouse welcome bonus works
Deposit matching bonuses are relatively easy to grasp, even for a betting rookie. You make a deposit, and the sportsbook doubles it. With SugarHouse, the matched amount maxes out at $250. Here’s an example to help explain:
- You sign up with SugarHouse, enter code PLAY250 and make a $250 deposit.
- SugarHouse matches the deposited amount with an additional $250 in bonus funds.
- You win your first wager using the promo funds; your return will turn into withdrawable funds, minus the bet stake. For instance, if you win a $250 bet with +100 odds, you’d get to keep $250 and use it as you see fit. That means you can cash it out or keep betting with it.
There are a few terms and conditions attached to the welcome bonus. Here are the most important ones:
- The offer carries a 1x playthrough requirement.
- Only bets made with odds of -200 or longer qualify toward completing the requirement.
- You must use your free bets within 30 days; otherwise they will expire.
Grading the SugarHouse Sportsbook welcome bonus
SugarHouse’s welcome bonus is competitive with other sportsbooks. Admittedly, it’s not as big, but that’s not surprising given the low playthrough requirement. Additionally, the risk-free bets that many competitors offer as bonuses will benefit you only if your initial wager loses. In contrast, a deposit match doesn’t exclusively rely on the outcome of your first bet, and that gives SugarHouse an edge.
Other promotions at SugarHouse Sportsbook
Aside from the welcome bonus, SugarHouse boasts an impressive lineup of ongoing promos. You can access the latest deals via the Promotions tab next to the drop-down menu in the top left corner of the sportsbook site.
At pretty much any point, you’ll be able to find an odds boost, be it for single bets or parlays. In the past, the sportsbook also has run spread challenges with million-dollar prize pools.
What’s more, by playing at SugarHouse, you’ll participate in the iRush Rewards 11-tier loyalty program. With each real money wager you make, you’ll earn both loyalty and bonus store points at an equal rate.
Loyalty points determine your status in the rewards system. You can redeem bonus store points, meanwhile, for various perks, ranging from special offers to complimentary stays at retail locations to birthday gifts. With each increasing loyalty level, the benefits will become bigger and better.
There’s a catch, though — the program works on a 30-day basis. For the first 30 days, you keep the points you amassed. And then from day 30 to day 60, the points gradually drop off.
Is SugarHouse Sportsbook legal and safe?
Yes, SugarHouse is a trustworthy sportsbook, with a strong brand reputation and solid track record.
SugarHouse shares most of its features with its sister site BetRivers, which also has a substantial presence in the sports betting market, operating in multiple states around the US.
SugarHouse also has a license to operate in each state where it offers sports betting. Here are the specifics:
- SugarHouse Sportsbook NJ: Rush Street obtained market access for SugarHouse in the Garden State via a partnership deal with Golden Nugget Atlantic City and a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. As per state law, SugarHouse Sportsbook cannot take bets on college sports that take place in NJ or on college games featuring NJ-based teams.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook PA: In the Keystone State, SugarHouse Sportsbook has the approval of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, the state’s leading regulatory body for gambling. The PA version of SugarHouse Sportsbook accepts bets on popular NCAA sports like football and basketball.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook CT: In April 2021, Rush Street entered into a sports betting partnership with the Connecticut Lottery Corp., which propelled SugarHouse to one of the three licenses available in the state. CT gambling laws allow betting on college sports, but not on in-state schools such as the University of Connecticut, unless the in-state school is playing in a tournament. Even then, betting only futures bets on the local team are permitted.
SugarHouse sports betting app review
Much like its competitors, SugarHouse offers a native sports betting app for iOS and Android. To download the app, visit the sportsbook and scroll to the bottom of the site — app links for both operating systems appear in the footer section.
We ran tests on both apps. Here’s what we found:
- Availability: The apps are easy to download and install. The sportsbook displays links on the homepage, and you won’t have to delve into submenus or dedicated mobile sections like at some sportsbooks. All in all, it takes only a few minutes to set everything up.
- Speed: The loading speed is solid, although it’s slower than some of its more established competitors like DraftKings, FanDuel or BetMGM. The cross-section toggling was smooth sailing, with no noticeable delays. The betting program fires up pretty quickly.
- Overall performance: Stability-wise, the SugarHouse app is spot on. We didn’t experience any crashes, freezes or malfunctions of any kind during our 10-hour test.
- Market coverage: Like its desktop counterpart, the app provides a versatile selection of sports to bet on. You can put a few bucks down on a variety of contests, both domestically and internationally.
- Live betting: By tapping the uppermost button, Live Right Now, you’ll open the live betting section, which features games that are in progress. Live streaming also is available for select contests.
- Bet slip: Bet placement proceeds without a hitch. Once you select a wager, the bet slip will pop up intuitively, albeit covering most of the real estate. You can minimize it at any point if you want to add more bets or perform some other action.
- General layout: From a visual standpoint, there’s some room for improvement, and it’s evident that the developers focused more on functionality than aesthetics. The app is easy to navigate and intuitive, with most of the relevant functions and options easy to access via the main menus.
- Cashier: You can reach the cashier via the drop-down menu in the top left corner. You’ll find a range of deposit and withdrawal methods, the same as on the desktop version of the sportsbook.
SugarHouse Sportsbook browser review
User experience is excellent across all platforms, including desktop browsers. The main site is a carbon copy of the mobile version; it has a nearly identical layout and offers the same features. The only difference is the desktop variant doesn’t require any downloads — as soon as you load the site, you can jump right in. You quickly will acclimate when switching from the desktop version to the app and vice versa.
Overall SugarHouse Sportsbook user experience
SugarHouse easily passed our screening process. The site is not clogged with flashy visuals or conspicuous promotional banners that would create clutter and possibly slow down the response time. The interface looks clean and beginner-friendly. On the same note, the platform has a built-in search bar, which allows you to track down your preferred sport or bet within seconds. Not precisely a trendsetting feature, but a handy tool nonetheless.
SugarHouse Sportsbook: Getting started
Getting started at SugarHouse is simple. The registration process is the same for both desktop and mobile users. We’ll walk you through it:
- Visit the sportsbook’s site.
- Hit the yellow “Join now” button.
- Fill out the application form and provide personal details like your name, address, phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Click to agree to the terms and conditions.
- That’s it. You can now deposit money and start betting.
Suppose the sportsbook can’t verify the information you provided during the sign-up. In that case, you may have to provide additional proof of ID by sending a digital copy (photo) of your license/passport.
Note that you need to be 21 or older and located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Connecticut in order to bet.
How does SugarHouse Sportsbook benefit casual bettors?
SugarHouse has a layout that should work well for novices. The site utilizes a familiar structure but steers clear of extreme elements, which results in a user-friendly environment. You can browse through the platform hassle-free and find any feature with ease.
The 100% deposit match bonus up to $250 also is a nice incentive to join SugarHouse. It will give you an initial boost to explore the sportsbook’s offerings without burning your budget.
The site features a betting guide that provides a solid introduction to those just getting into the world of online sports wagering. It can help you brush up on your sports betting terminology and teach you everything you need to know about different types of bets.
How does SugarHouse benefit experienced bettors?
Sharp bettors and high rollers can reap the loyalty program’s benefits and pad their bankroll through numerous odds boosts and recurring promos.
The sportsbook is feature-heavy and provides quality amenities like a cash-out feature and live streaming. Same-game parlays are deeply missed, although other betting options pick up the slack somewhat. You’ll find the standard fare of moneylines, spreads, totals, futures and props in addition to live and combo bets.
SugarHouse sports betting options
If there’s a sport happening somewhere on the planet, there’s a good chance SugarHouse has odds on it — that’s how versatile its betting program is. The most significant emphasis is on major sports, although the book also features an excellent range of niche options.
On top of NBA, NHL, MLB and NFL bets, SugarHouse will let you drop a few bucks on the WNBA, college hoops (in states where it’s legal), NASCAR, golf, tennis, soccer and fighting sports, to name a few choices.
All the mainstream wagers are on tap, including straight bets, live betting, parlays, teasers and round robin bets.
What’s not available at SugarHouse Sportsbook?
The lack of same-game or single-game parlays is indeed a bummer, and we can only hope the sportsbook will introduce this option soon. It would be nice if it also added a feature resembling custom bets or homemade parlays — something that would help it stand out from the crowd.
SugarHouse Sportsbook odds boosts
SugarHouse frequently runs odds boosts, providing as much as 20% of extra profit for winning bets. Promotional offers based around odds boosts are typically available for specific markets for a limited time only. For the most part, they focus on major professional and college events.
Pricing-wise, SugarHouse is solid across the board. It consistently offers 20-cent lines with the standard -110 on both sides of spreads and totals.
Its moneyline odds are also competitive, and the sportsbook occasionally lowers the juice on high-profile events via dedicated promos.
How to deposit and withdraw funds
Getting money to and from your SugarHouse account shouldn’t be an issue since many payment options are available. You can use the following:
- Play+ card
- Wire transfer
- Credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard)
How to contact customer support
The most efficient customer support contact channel at SugarHouse is live chat, which is available from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. For pressing matters, NJ customers can use the direct telephone line at 855-752-9101. You can also drop customer support an email at [email protected], but don’t expect an instant reply. The support representative will probably get back to you within several hours.
If the issue is not too complex, you may be able to find an answer in the FAQ section.
History of SugarHouse Sportsbook
SugarHouse is owned by one of the nation’s largest gambling brands, Rush Street Gaming. Rush Street launched in 2012 but has already asserted itself in the upper-echelon of gambling companies. Its market prominence has received a boost from partnerships with high-profile enterprises and sports organizations, including the Philadelphia Flyers.
The site rolled out in New Jersey in 2018 and went live in Pennsylvania the following year, with a launch in Connecticut in October 2021.