The Minnesota Timberwolves (2-6) will try to break a six-game losing streak when they host the San Antonio Spurs (4-4) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Target Center as 6.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-SW.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Spurs vs Timberwolves Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Karl-Anthony Towns: Day To Day (Left Wrist),
Josh Okogie: Out (Hamstring)
Spurs and Timberwolves Records ATS
- San Antonio has put together a 6-2 record against the spread this season.
- 5 of 8 San Antonio games this season (62.5%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Minnesota holds a losing record ATS this season with three wins and five losses ATS.
- Minnesota covered the over/under in 4 games this season, 50% of the 8 games they have played this season.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Timberwolves took down the Spurs 113-101. LaMarcus Aldridge led the Spurs with 22 points, and Andrew Wiggins paced the Timberwolves with 26. The Timberwolves covered the spread as 3-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 214 total points to go under the 230-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/27/2019||Spurs||Spurs||-3||230||-147||124||Regular Season||113-101 MIN|
|11/13/2019||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-1.5||227||-121||102||Regular Season||129-114 MIN|
|1/18/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-113 SA|
|12/21/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-98 SA|
|11/28/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-89 MIN|
|10/17/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-108 SA|
|3/17/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-101 SA|
|11/15/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-86 MIN|
|10/18/2017||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-99 SA|
|3/21/2017||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 SA|
- The Spurs are the league’s 15th-highest scoring team (112.2 PPG), while the Timberwolves allow the 29th-fewest points per game (121.9) in NBA action.
- The Spurs have a negative point differential on the season (-15 total points, -1.9 per game), as do the Timberwolves (-105 total points, -13.1 per game).
- DeMar DeRozan leads the Spurs in points and assists. He scores 19.1 points per game while adding 7.3 assists.
- DeRozan’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 1.5 greater than his season average of 32.0.
- Keldon Johnson paces San Antonio with 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Johnson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 8.5, 15.1 lower than his season average of 23.6.
- The Spurs are led by Patty Mills from beyond the arc. He knocks down 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- San Antonio’s blocks leader is Rudy Gay, who averages 1.0 per game. Dejounte Murray leads the team averaging 1.4 steals an outing.
- Gay’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.5 blocks lower than his season average of 1.0.
- The Timberwolves go-to guy, D’Angelo Russell, leads the team in both scoring (20.0 points per game) and assists (5.1 assists per game).
- Russell’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 36.5, 8.4 greater than his season average of 28.1.
- Jarrett Culver’s 6.1 rebounds per game paces Minnesota’s rebounding effort. He also adds 8.4 points per game.
- Culver’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 17.5, 2.4 greater than his season average of 15.1.
- Russell makes more threes per game than any other member of the Timberwolves, cashing in 3.0 treys per game.
- Russell’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Jarred Vanderbilt is at the top of Minnesota’s steals hierarchy with 1.7 steals per game and Naz Reid leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.
- Reid’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
The FanDuel line for this game has the Spurs favored by 6.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (9.1 points).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from