The Oklahoma City Thunder (5-4) are slight underdogs (by 2.5 points) to stop a three-game home losing streak when they host the San Antonio Spurs (5-5) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 218.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 12, 2021, 4:07 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Thunder Betting Odds
Spurs vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 12
Devin Vassell: Day To Day (Knee),
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
DeMar DeRozan: Out (Personal),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Ty Jerome: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Spurs and Thunder Records ATS
- San Antonio has compiled a 6-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Spurs are 0-2 against the spread this season when they are at least a 2.5-point favorite.
- In 60% of its games this season (6/10), San Antonio and its opponents have outscored the set over/under.
- With a 6-3 record ATS this season, Oklahoma City has outplayed expectations ATS this season.
- Oklahoma City and its opponents have typically not covered the total points bet this season, only claiming the over in 44.4% (4) of their nine games played.
Head to Head
The Thunder defeated the Spurs 131-103 in the last meeting between the teams on Sunday. Rudy Gay scored 14 points to lead the Spurs, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 22 points for the Thunder. The Thunder covered the spread as 5-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 234 total points to go over the 222.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2020||Thunder||Thunder||-5||222.5||-193||159||Regular Season||131-103 OKC|
|2/11/2020||Thunder||Thunder||-8.5||220||-371||292||Regular Season||114-106 SA*|
|1/2/2020||Spurs||Spurs||-2.5||217.5||-141||119||Regular Season||109-103 OKC|
|11/7/2019||Spurs||Spurs||-5||212||-210||173||Regular Season||121-112 SA|
|3/2/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-102 SA|
|1/12/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-112 OKC|
|1/10/2019||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||154-147 SA|
|3/29/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-99 SA|
|3/10/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-94 OKC|
|12/3/2017||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||90-87 OKC|
- San Antonio’s games this season have resulted in a higher total score than Tuesday’s matchup over/under (218.5 points) in 49 out of 10 opportunities (490% of matchups).
- In four out of Oklahoma City’s nine games this year (44.4%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Tuesday’s matchup.
- The Spurs have seen a 224.2 average over/under in their games this season, 5.7 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 4.7 points more than the average over/under in Thunder’s games this season (213.8 points).
- The Spurs’ average implied point total this season is 5.9 more points than their implied total in Tuesday’s game (116.9 implied points on average compared to 111 implied points in this game).
- San Antonio has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (111) 41 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Thunder (111.8) is 3.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (108).
- Oklahoma City has scored more than 108 points five times this season.
- The Spurs are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.1 PPG), while the Thunder allow the 10th-fewest points per game (108.9) in the league.
- The Spurs have a -20-point scoring differential on the season (-2 per game). The Thunder have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-36 total points, -4 per game).
- DeMar DeRozan leads the Spurs in points and assists. He scores 21.2 points per game while adding 7.0 assists.
- DeRozan’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 1.3 less than his season average of 33.8.
- San Antonio’s rebounding leader is Keldon Johnson, who averages 7.4 per game.
- Johnson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 1.5 greater than his season average of 23.0.
- Patty Mills knocks down 3.2 threes per game to lead the Spurs.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 3.2.
- Johnson leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Gay collects 1.0 block an outing to pace San Antonio.
- Johnson’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
- The Thunder go-to guy, Gilgeous-Alexander, leads the team in both scoring (21.0 points per game) and assists (6.8 assists per game).
- Gilgeous-Alexander’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 3.5 assists, 3.3 assists less than his season average of 6.8.
- When it comes to rebounds, Darius Bazley is the Oklahoma City leader with 8.3 per game.
- Bazley’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 19.5, 1.6 lower than his season average of 21.1.
- Mike Muscala is tops from three-point range for the Thunder, knocking down 2.3 threes per game.
- Muscala’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.8 shots less than his season average of 2.3.
- Oklahoma City’s Hamidou Diallo has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Bazley is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Diallo’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 1.2.
The model line is much more favorable to the Thunder compared to the FanDuel line, a 5.3 point difference, and has them favored to win Tuesday’s game outright. Put your money on the Thunder.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from