The San Antonio Spurs (6-6) host the Houston Rockets (4-6) after losing four home games in a row. The Spurs are favored by 6.5 points in the matchup, which begins at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 16, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Rockets Betting Odds
Spurs vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 16
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Keita Bates-Diop: Day To Day (Upper Respiratory Infection),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Leg),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
DeMarcus Cousins: Day To Day (Ankle),
Brodric Thomas: Day To Day (Ankle),
John Wall: Out (Knee)
Spurs and Rockets Records ATS
- San Antonio has put together a 7-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Spurs have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 6.5 points, going 0-1 this season.
- San Antonio and its opponents have gone over the set over/under in 50% of its games this season (6/12).
- Houston has a 4-6 record ATS this season.
- For the second time this season, the Rockets are at least a 6.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 1-0 against the spread.
- Houston and its opponents have often been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 30% (3) of their 10 games played.
Head to Head
The Rockets knocked off the Spurs 109-105 in the last meeting between the two teams on January 14, 2021. Christian Wood scored 27 points to pace the Rockets, and Keldon Johnson scored 29 points for the Spurs. The Rockets covered the spread as 7-point underdogs, and the teams fell short of the 218-point over/under after combining to score 214.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2021||Spurs||Spurs||-7||218||-281||226||Regular Season||109-105 HOU|
|8/11/2020||Spurs||Spurs||-4.5||239.5||-178||146||Regular Season||123-105 SA*|
|12/16/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-9.5||233.5||-596||444||Regular Season||109-107 HOU*|
|12/3/2019||Rockets||Spurs||-6.5||233.5||-302||239||Regular Season||135-133 SA*|
|3/22/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-105 HOU|
|12/22/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-101 HOU|
|11/30/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||136-105 HOU|
|11/10/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-89 SA|
|4/1/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-83 SA|
|3/12/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-93 HOU|
- 8/11/2020 DNP – Spurs: Patty Mills, Bryn Forbes
Rockets: James Harden, Eric Gordon
- 12/16/2019 DNP –
Rockets: Eric Gordon
- 12/3/2019 DNP – Spurs: LaMarcus Aldridge;
Rockets: Eric Gordon
- The Spurs are the league’s 18th-highest scoring team (110.7 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 19th-fewest points per game (112.4) in NBA play.
- The Spurs have a -14-point scoring differential on the season (-1.1 per game). The Rockets have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-13 total points, -1.3 per game).
- DeMar DeRozan leads the Spurs in scoring (20.4 points per game) and assisting (7.0 assists per game).
- DeRozan’s points prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 2.1 points higher than his season average of 20.4.
- Johnson paces San Antonio with 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Johnson’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.9 lower than his season average of 24.4.
- The Spurs are led by Patty Mills from long distance. He hits 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- San Antonio’s blocks leader is Rudy Gay, who averages 0.8 per game. Dejounte Murray leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Gay’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- Wood is at the top of the Rockets scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 23.1 points per game and 10.1 rebounds per game this season.
- Wood’s points prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 1.6 points lower than his season average of 23.1.
- John Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 5.1 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 1.1 greater than his season average of 28.4.
- Victor Oladipo is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, knocking down 2.8 threes per game.
- Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Oladipo (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.8 per game).
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from