The San Antonio Spurs (27-43) host the New Orleans Pelicans (28-41) in a matchup of Southwest Division rivals at AT&T Center on March 18, 2022. This is the third matchup between the teams this season. The Spurs () meet the Pelicans ( to win) at 8:30 PM ET on Friday. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in the article below reflect odds as of March 18, 2022 at 8:08 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Spurs vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Spurs Vs. Pelicans Player Props
Injury Report as of March 18
Romeo Langford: Out (Hamstring),
Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Back),
Josh Richardson: Day To Day (Calf),
Doug McDermott: Out For Season (Ankle)
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee),
Kira Lewis Jr.: Out For Season (Knee),
Zion Williamson: Out (Foot),
Brandon Ingram: Out (Hamstring)
|Spurs Offense||Stats (Rank)||Pelicans Defense|
|113 (7)||Points/Gm||110.2 (14)|
|23.2 (11)||Possessions/Game||29.6 (29)|
|46.8 (8)||Field Goal %||46.7 (22)|
|35.2 (14)||3PT %||36.1 (23)|
|52.8 (17)||Effective FG %||54.2 (25)|
|55.4 (23)||True Shooting %||57.7 (26)|
|Pelicans Offense||Stats (Rank)||Spurs Defense|
|108.3 (21)||Points/Gm||113.6 (25)|
|29.6 (2)||Possessions/Game||23.2 (20)|
|45.5 (21)||Field Goal %||47 (24)|
|33 (28)||3PT %||35.9 (22)|
|51.6 (25)||Effective FG %||53.5 (21)|
|55.5 (22)||True Shooting %||56.5 (18)|
Spurs and Pelicans Betting Records
- San Antonio has won 34 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 36 times.
- The Spurs are 11-9-1 ATS this season when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- So far this season, 36 out of San Antonio’s 70 games have gone over the point total.
- New Orleans has won 33 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 36 times.
- The Pelicans have covered the spread 21 times this year (21-28-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- A total of 29 New Orleans games this season have hit the over.
Head to Head
The Spurs knocked off the Pelicans in the last meeting between the two teams on February 12, 2022. Dejounte Murray scored 31 points to lead the Spurs, and CJ McCollum scored 36 points for the Pelicans. The Spurs covered the spread as 6.5-point underdogs, and the teams scored 238 total points to go over the 231-point over/under.
- 12/12/2021 DNP – Pelicans: Jaxson Hayes
- Murray leads the Spurs in points and assists. He averages 20.9 points per game while tacking on 9.4 assists.
- Jakob Poeltl paces San Antonio with 9.1 rebounds per game.
- The Spurs are led by Doug McDermott from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Murray leads the team with 2.1 steals per game. Poeltl collects 1.7 blocks a contest to pace San Antonio.
- Brandon Ingram’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Pelicans scoring and assists leaderboards with 22.8 points per game and 5.5 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Jonas Valanciunas is the New Orleans leader with 11.4 per game.
- McCollum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 3.1 treys per game.
- Nobody on New Orleans grabs more steals than McCollum (one per game) or blocks more shots than Valanciunas (0.9 per game).