The return of major professional sports in the US arrived this week as Major League Baseball kicked off its 2020 regular season Thursday night.
Friday night will feature a full slate of baseball, with 14 games on the docket. Here is a look at the Friday schedule.
- Atlanta Braves at New York Mets 4 p.m. ET
- Detroit Tigers at Cincinnati Reds 6:10 p.m. ET
- Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays 6:40 p.m. ET
- Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs 7:00 p.m. ET
- Miami Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies 7:05 p.m. ET
- Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians 7:10 p.m. ET
- Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox 7:30 p.m. ET
- Colorado Rockies at Texas Rangers 8:05 p.m. ET
- Minnesota Twins at Chicago White Sox 8:10 p.m. ET
- Pittsburgh Pirates at St. Louis Cardinals 8:15 p.m. ET
- Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros 9:10 p.m. ET
- Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres 9:10 p.m. ET
- San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers 9:40 p.m. ET
- Los Angeles Angels at Oakland Athletics 10 p.m. ET
Legal online sportsbooks throughout the country will be dishing out exclusive baseball betting offers to mark the occasion.
Here are some of the top MLB offers:
DraftKings Sportsbook has several specials for MLB Opening Day, including:
Scoring Special: MLB Opening Weekend HR Bonus
- Bet $25 on DraftKings’ featured MLB games and get $5 per home run your team hits.
- Bet on any 2019 MLB All-Star player to hit a home run on MLB Opening Days. This has been boosted to +100.
- Place a $25 bet on any team to win the World Series and get a $25 Free Bet to use on any Opening Day MLB game.
Play three days risk free for your shot at $300K in prizes each day: Thursday, July 23 – Saturday, July 25.
To take advantage of these offers, get started here.
FanDuel Sportsbook is also running specials for the first MLB action of the year, including a $500 Risk-Free bet for new users and a $100 Risk-Free bet in the first 24 hours that all users are back to betting on baseball. You can get started here.
For new FanDuel Sportsbook users, their first bet will trigger the $500 Risk-Free bet and will also begin the daily clock for their Risk-Free $100. If the user ends up net-negative on the day, they will receive up to $100 back in vouchers, in addition to the $500 Risk-Free Bet if they lost their first wager.
For existing FD users, their first wagers up to $100 will be Risk-Free if they end up net negative on the day. If someone wagers $100 and loses, then wagers $300 and nets profit, they will not receive a $100 voucher.
In addition, FanDuel is offering a specials World Series futures bet in which you can wager $50 or more on any team to win the 2020 MLB World Series and you will earn a $5 bonus in FanDuel site credit for each game the team wins in its first 10 games of the regular season.
BetMGM has an exclusive Opening Day welcome for new users.
Bet $1, Win $100
If you bet at least $1 on the Yankees versus Nationals game Thursday night, you’ll receive $100 in free bets if a member of either the Yanks or Nats hits a home run. To get started go here.
You can get up to $50 in free cash using FOXBet’s Opening Day promotion.
To get started, go here.
The offer is free for existing and new customers.
The way it works is you get $5 free for each run your team scores on Opening Day. All you have to do to take advantage of the offer is bet just $5 on your favorite MLB team – using point spread or moneyline.
Make it rain
- PointsBet’s “Make it rain” promotion returns with $10 paid out in bonuses for every home run your team hits.
Region-specific crowd boosters
- For every 100 bets, PointsBet will boost the price for the Cubs to win on Opening Day (Indiana and Iowa sportsbooks only).