The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (14-7, 6-2 WAC) will host the Utah Valley Wolverines (16-5, 7-1 WAC) after winning seven straight home games. The contest starts at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 26, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Thunderbirds’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Wolverines ( ).
The betting facts in what follows are based off odds valid as of January 26, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET.
Southern Utah vs Utah Valley Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Southern Utah Offense Vs. Utah Valley Defense
|Southern Utah Offense||Stats (Rank)||Utah Valley Defense|
|86.0 (2)||Points/Gm||67.3 (127)|
|20.1 (23)||Possessions/Game||16.6 (260)|
|48.2 (23)||Field Goal %||39.1 (13)|
|33.9 (188)||3PT %||31.0 (59)|
|54.8 (31)||Effective FG %||44.3 (11)|
|58.7 (25)||True Shooting %||52.3 (96)|
Utah Valley Offense Vs. Southern Utah Defense
|Utah Valley Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Utah Defense|
|77.0 (66)||Points/Gm||73.3 (285)|
|16.6 (101)||Possessions/Game||20.1 (340)|
|45.6 (123)||Field Goal %||44.1 (204)|
|32.5 (260)||3PT %||35.5 (275)|
|51.3 (166)||Effective FG %||50.5 (199)|
|55.4 (144)||True Shooting %||56.8 (244)|
Best Betting Sites For Southern Utah vs Utah Valley
Southern Utah Betting Insights
- Southern Utah is 9-7-1 ATS this season.
- The Thunderbirds have been favored by 1.5 points or more nine times this season, and covered the spread in four of those matchups.
- In Southern Utah’s 17 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 10 times.
- In 10 games this season, the Thunderbirds and their opponents have scored more than 153.5 total points.
- Southern Utah’s games this year have an average point total of 159.3, 5.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Utah Valley Betting Insights
- Utah Valley has won 13 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover five times.
- The Wolverines are 4-2 ATS this year when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- So far this season, 12 out of Utah Valley’s 18 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Wolverines have played four games this season that finished with a combined score above 153.5 points.
- The average total for Utah Valley’s games this season is 144.3 points, 9.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Southern Utah Key Players
- Tevian Jones leads the Thunderbirds scoring 19.4 points per game.
- Drake Allen leads Southern Utah with 3.5 assists a game and Harrison Butler paces the team with 6.5 rebounds per outing.
- Jones is the top three-point shooter for the Thunderbirds, knocking down 2.8 per game.
- Southern Utah’s blocks leader is Jason Spurgin, who records 1.7 per game. Jones leads the team averaging 1.6 steals an outing.
Utah Valley Key Players
- The Wolverines leader in scoring is Justin Harmon with 13.8 points per game. He also adds 3.8 rebounds per game and 3.4 assists per game.
- When it comes to Utah Valley leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Aziz Bandaogo with 10.5 rebounds per game and Trey Woodbury with 4.5 assists per game.
- Le’tre Darthard makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wolverines, averaging 2.1 treys per game.
- Nobody on Utah Valley grabs more steals than Harmon (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Bandaogo (2.7 per game).