The North Alabama Lions (18-14) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (22-12) on Saturday, March 18, 2023 at America First Events Center. The contest airs at 1:30 PM ET on FloS. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Thunderbirds’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Lions ( ).
The betting trends in this article reflect odds as of March 18, 2023 at 9:38 AM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,200 in bonuses (Up to $200 in Bonus Bets in MA) New bettors only.
Southern Utah vs North Alabama Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Southern Utah Offense Vs. North Alabama Defense
|Southern Utah Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Alabama Defense|
|82.5 (5)||Points/Gm||74.4 (301)|
|39.6 (22)||Possessions/Game||33.7 (146)|
|46.6 (60)||Field Goal %||44.7 (223)|
|34.7 (154)||3PT %||36.7 (329)|
|53.3 (57)||Effective FG %||51.4 (242)|
|57.6 (40)||True Shooting %||57.6 (309)|
North Alabama Offense Vs. Southern Utah Defense
|North Alabama Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Utah Defense|
|74.9 (99)||Points/Gm||74.3 (298)|
|33.7 (209)||Possessions/Game||39.6 (342)|
|46.3 (69)||Field Goal %||45.1 (261)|
|37.2 (34)||3PT %||36.0 (299)|
|52.8 (76)||Effective FG %||51.6 (252)|
|56.1 (83)||True Shooting %||56.5 (276)|
Best Betting Sites For Southern Utah vs North Alabama
Southern Utah Betting Insights
- Southern Utah has covered 16 times in 30 games with a spread this season.
- The Thunderbirds have been favored by 9 points or more this season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- Southern Utah and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 17 out of 30 times this season.
- In 10 of 30 games this season, the Thunderbirds and their opponents have combined to total more than 163.5 points.
- The average point total in Southern Utah’s outings this year is 156.8, 6.7 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
North Alabama Betting Insights
- North Alabama has covered 15 times in 29 chances against the spread this season.
- The Lions have an ATS record of 3-3-1 when playing as at least 9-point underdogs this year.
- So far this season, 14 out of North Alabama’s 29 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- The Lions have played six games this season that ended with a combined score above 163.5 points.
- The average over/under for North Alabama’s matchups this season is 149.3, 14.2 fewer points than this game’s total.
Southern Utah Key Players
- Tevian Jones leads the Thunderbirds scoring 17.5 points per game.
- Southern Utah is led in rebounding by Harrison Butler’s 6.7 rebounds per game and assists by Drake Allen’s 3.6 assists per game.
- Jones is the top three-point shooter for the Thunderbirds, hitting 2.4 per game.
- Southern Utah’s blocks leader is Jason Spurgin, who collects 1.6 per game. Allen leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a contest.
North Alabama Key Players
- Daniel Ortiz owns the Lions top spot in scoring with 14.9 points per game and also tacks on 3.7 rebounds and 1.0 assist per contest.
- The North Alabama leaders in rebounds and assists are Damian Forrest (6.6 rebounds per game) and Jacari Lane (3.3 assists per game).
- Ortiz leads the Lions in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.2 made threes per game.
- Nobody on North Alabama grabs more steals than Ortiz (1.1 per game) or blocks more shots than Forrest (1.3 per game).