The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-19, 1-6 SWAC) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (9-10, 5-1 SWAC) on Monday, January 23, 2023 at Harrison HPER Complex. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Jaguars’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Delta Devils ( ).
The betting insights in the article below use the latest odds as of January 23, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Southern vs Mississippi Valley State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Southern Offense Vs. Mississippi Valley State Defense
|Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mississippi Valley State Defense|
|74.6 (121)||Points/Gm||74.4 (307)|
|10.1 (305)||Possessions/Game||13.7 (196)|
|43.7 (229)||Field Goal %||46.3 (305)|
|36.6 (59)||3PT %||37.0 (327)|
|50.9 (190)||Effective FG %||54.2 (333)|
|54.7 (173)||True Shooting %||57.8 (273)|
Mississippi Valley State Offense Vs. Southern Defense
|Mississippi Valley State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Defense|
|56.7 (363)||Points/Gm||73.5 (288)|
|13.7 (164)||Possessions/Game||10.1 (55)|
|38.2 (361)||Field Goal %||44.3 (216)|
|30.9 (316)||3PT %||32.2 (117)|
|42.1 (362)||Effective FG %||51.1 (237)|
|46.2 (360)||True Shooting %||59.0 (301)|
Best Betting Sites For Southern vs Mississippi Valley State
Southern Betting Insights
- Southern has put together a 12-5-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Jaguars have been favored by 9.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in both.
- A total of nine out of Southern’s 17 games this season have hit the over.
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to score more than 138 points in 11 of 17 games this season.
- Southern’s outings this year have an average total of 148.2, 10.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Insights
- Mississippi Valley State is 13-7-0 ATS this season.
- The Delta Devils have an ATS record of 11-5 when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs this year.
- Mississippi Valley State’s games have hit the over seven out of 20 times this year.
- The Delta Devils have played seven games this season that finished with a combined score over 138 points.
- Mississippi Valley State has a 131.0-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 7.0 fewer points than this game’s total.
Southern Key Players
- Brion Whitley leads the Jaguars in scoring, averaging 11.7 points per game.
- P.J. Byrd leads Southern with 6.3 assists per game and Tyrone Lyons paces the squad with 4.2 rebounds per matchup.
- Whitley is the top three-point shooter for the Jaguars, connecting on 2.2 per game.
- Southern’s blocks leader is Jalen Reynolds, who collects 0.6 per game. Bryson Etienne leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a contest.
Mississippi Valley State Key Players
- Terry Collins leads the Delta Devils with 13.9 points per game, 4.3 rebounds per game, and 1.5 assists per game.
- Collins is tops from three-point range for the Delta Devils, hitting 2.0 treys per game.
- Nobody on Mississippi Valley State grabs more steals than Collins (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Michael Barber (0.6 per game).