The Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles (12-9, 5-3 OVC) will attempt to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Eastern Illinois Panthers (7-14, 3-5 OVC) on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at Screaming Eagles Arena. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Screaming Eagles’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Panthers ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 26, 2023 at 5:40 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Southern Indiana vs Eastern Illinois Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Southern Indiana Offense Vs. Eastern Illinois Defense
|Southern Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Eastern Illinois Defense|
|76.9 (69)||Points/Gm||70.6 (215)|
|16.0 (139)||Possessions/Game||17.0 (275)|
|44.9 (159)||Field Goal %||45.1 (268)|
|40.0 (4)||3PT %||34.5 (227)|
|53.4 (73)||Effective FG %||52.6 (296)|
|54.9 (166)||True Shooting %||58.9 (298)|
Eastern Illinois Offense Vs. Southern Indiana Defense
|Eastern Illinois Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Indiana Defense|
|68.2 (267)||Points/Gm||72.1 (258)|
|17.0 (86)||Possessions/Game||16.0 (220)|
|43.2 (252)||Field Goal %||44.4 (222)|
|29.9 (337)||3PT %||32.6 (132)|
|47.5 (322)||Effective FG %||51.2 (244)|
|50.6 (331)||True Shooting %||62.0 (346)|
Best Betting Sites For Southern Indiana vs Eastern Illinois
Southern Indiana Betting Insights
- Southern Indiana has compiled an 8-9-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Screaming Eagles have been favored by 11.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Southern Indiana’s games have gone over the point total 11 out of 18 times this season.
- The Screaming Eagles and their opponents have scored more than 147 points in nine of 18 games this season.
- Southern Indiana has an average point total of 149.0 in its contests this year, 2.0 more points than this game’s over/under.
Eastern Illinois Betting Insights
- Eastern Illinois is 9-9-1 ATS this year.
- The Panthers have covered the spread when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs in four of four games this season.
- So far this season, 11 out of Eastern Illinois’ 19 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Panthers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 147 points in six of 19 outings.
- Eastern Illinois’ outings this season have a 138.8-point average over/under, 8.2 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Southern Indiana Key Players
- The Screaming Eagles points and assists leader is Isaiah Swope. He puts up 14.1 points per game and adds 3.5 assists.
- Southern Indiana’s rebounding leader is Jacob Polakovich, who grabs 12.2 per game.
- The Screaming Eagles are led by Trevor Lakes from long distance. He hits 3.4 shots from deep per game.
- Jelani Simmons leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Lakes collects 0.5 blocks a game to pace Southern Indiana.
Eastern Illinois Key Players
- Yaakema Rose Jr. averages 4.3 rebounds per game, 3.5 assists per game, and 9.5 points per game, putting him in the top spot on the Panthers in both rebounds and assists.
- Kinyon Hodges scores 14.4 points per game to pace Eastern Illinois.
- Cameron Haffner leads the Panthers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.1 made threes per game.
- Sincere Malone tops Eastern Illinois in steals with 2.0 per game, and Nick Ellington leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.