The Presbyterian Blue Hose (5-14, 1-5 Big South) will attempt to stop a nine-game road losing streak when they square off against the South Carolina Upstate Spartans (8-9, 3-3 Big South) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at Hodge Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Spartans’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Blue Hose ( ).
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of January 18, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
South Carolina Upstate vs Presbyterian Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
South Carolina Upstate Offense Vs. Presbyterian Defense
|South Carolina Upstate Offense||Stats (Rank)||Presbyterian Defense|
|70.0 (220)||Points/Gm||69.4 (187)|
|11.8 (85)||Possessions/Game||7.2 (71)|
|46.5 (79)||Field Goal %||46.8 (321)|
|34.6 (149)||3PT %||36.8 (315)|
|52.2 (118)||Effective FG %||53.6 (322)|
|54.7 (178)||True Shooting %||57.8 (264)|
Presbyterian Offense Vs. South Carolina Upstate Defense
|Presbyterian Offense||Stats (Rank)||South Carolina Upstate Defense|
|65.1 (330)||Points/Gm||71.0 (233)|
|7.2 (290)||Possessions/Game||11.8 (277)|
|42.6 (275)||Field Goal %||43.3 (169)|
|29.9 (334)||3PT %||31.4 (80)|
|48.0 (303)||Effective FG %||49.1 (147)|
|51.3 (305)||True Shooting %||54.6 (172)|
Best Betting Sites For South Carolina Upstate vs Presbyterian
South Carolina Upstate Betting Insights
- South Carolina Upstate has covered seven times in 15 chances against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- A total of six out of South Carolina Upstate’s 15 games this season have gone over the point total.
- Spartans games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 132.5 points 10 times.
- South Carolina Upstate’s matchups this year have an average point total of 141.0, 8.5 more points than this game’s over/under.
Presbyterian Betting Insights
- Presbyterian has put together a 6-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- When playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs this year, the Blue Hose have an ATS record of 3-7.
- Presbyterian’s games have gone over the point total eight out of 17 times this season.
- The Blue Hose have combined with their opponent to score more than 132.5 points in seven of 17 games this season.
- The average total for Presbyterian’s games this season has been 134.5, 2.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
South Carolina Upstate Key Players
- Jordan Gainey leads the Spartans scoring 16.4 points per game.
- Ahmir Langlais paces South Carolina Upstate with 4.5 rebounds per game and Trae Broadnax leads the team with 2.9 assists per contest.
- The Spartans are led by Gainey from long distance. He knocks down 2.2 shots from deep per game.
- South Carolina Upstate’s blocks leader is Khydarius Smith, who records 1.4 per game. Gainey leads the team averaging 1.8 steals a game.
Presbyterian Key Players
- Jalen Forrest owns the Blue Hose top spot in scoring with 11.6 points per game and also tacks on 3.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists per contest.
- The Presbyterian leaders in rebounds and assists are Marquis Barnett (5.2 rebounds per game) and Trevon Reddish (2.3 assists per game).
- Crosby James is tops from three-point range for the Blue Hose, hitting 1.4 treys per game.
- Nobody on Presbyterian grabs more steals than Barnett (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Owen McCormack (0.7 per game).