A pair of struggling teams square off when the SMU Mustangs (6-12, 1-4 AAC) visit the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (4-12, 0-5 AAC) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. The Mustangs will look to stop a four-game losing streak against the Golden Hurricane, who have lost six straight. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Mustangs’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Golden Hurricane ( ).
The betting insights in what follows reflect odds as of January 18, 2023 at 5:40 PM ET.
SMU vs Tulsa Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
SMU Offense Vs. Tulsa Defense
|SMU Offense||Stats (Rank)||Tulsa Defense|
|68.1 (279)||Points/Gm||75.7 (328)|
|8.6 (202)||Possessions/Game||8.0 (123)|
|42.1 (304)||Field Goal %||46.2 (305)|
|31.2 (305)||3PT %||30.0 (40)|
|47.2 (324)||Effective FG %||51.8 (270)|
|50.8 (322)||True Shooting %||55.5 (199)|
Tulsa Offense Vs. SMU Defense
|Tulsa Offense||Stats (Rank)||SMU Defense|
|68.4 (264)||Points/Gm||72.4 (262)|
|8.0 (233)||Possessions/Game||8.6 (159)|
|42.8 (269)||Field Goal %||42.8 (146)|
|32.5 (261)||3PT %||34.4 (229)|
|49.6 (250)||Effective FG %||49.1 (147)|
|52.0 (279)||True Shooting %||51.5 (70)|
Best Betting Sites For SMU vs Tulsa
SMU Betting Insights
- SMU has put together a 7-10-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Mustangs have been favored by 3 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- So far this season, 10 out of SMU’s 18 games have gone over the point total.
- The Mustangs’ 18 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 146.5 points eight times.
- SMU has an average total of 140.5 in its outings this year, 6.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Tulsa Betting Insights
- Tulsa has a record of just 2-13-1 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Hurricane have been an underdog by 3 points or more 11 times this season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- In Tulsa’s 16 chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total seven times.
- The Golden Hurricane have combined with their opponent to score more than 146.5 points in six of 16 games this season.
- The average total for Tulsa’s games this season is 144.1 points, 2.4 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
SMU Key Players
- Samuell Williamson leads the Mustangs in both rebounds (7.4 per game) and assists (2.7 per game).
- SMU is led in scoring by Zhuric Phelps’ 17.1 points per game.
- Zach Nutall connects on 1.9 treys per game to lead the Mustangs.
- SMU’s blocks leader is Williamson, who collects 1.1 per game. Phelps leads the team averaging 1.9 steals a game.
Tulsa Key Players
- Sam Griffin outpaced his teammates on the Golden Hurricane scoring front by putting up 15.7 points per game. He adds 2.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game this season.
- Bryant Selebangue (8.8 rebounds per game) and Anthony Pritchard (3.7 assists per game) are the Tulsa leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Griffin makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Hurricane, cashing in 2.6 treys per game.
- Tulsa’s Pritchard has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Charles Chukwu is first in blocks with 0.6 per game.