The Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles (11-9, 4-3 OVC) will try to continue a three-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (14-6, 5-2 OVC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Vadalabene Center. The game airs at 4:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cougars’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Screaming Eagles ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM ET.
SIU-Edwardsville vs Southern Indiana Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
SIU-Edwardsville Offense Vs. Southern Indiana Defense
|SIU-Edwardsville Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Indiana Defense|
|74.3 (137)||Points/Gm||72.1 (259)|
|13.6 (83)||Possessions/Game||13.0 (267)|
|44.2 (204)||Field Goal %||45.1 (266)|
|33.2 (230)||3PT %||32.7 (135)|
|50.4 (213)||Effective FG %||51.9 (275)|
|55.6 (129)||True Shooting %||63.2 (354)|
Southern Indiana Offense Vs. SIU-Edwardsville Defense
|Southern Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||SIU-Edwardsville Defense|
|76.6 (72)||Points/Gm||67.8 (141)|
|13.0 (97)||Possessions/Game||13.6 (279)|
|45.0 (155)||Field Goal %||41.7 (86)|
|40.0 (5)||3PT %||32.0 (106)|
|53.5 (69)||Effective FG %||47.6 (88)|
|54.8 (168)||True Shooting %||56.6 (229)|
Best Betting Sites For SIU-Edwardsville vs Southern Indiana
SIU-Edwardsville Betting Insights
- SIU-Edwardsville has covered 11 times in 17 chances against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have covered the spread four times this season (4-2 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, nine out of SIU-Edwardsville’s 17 games have gone over the point total.
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined to score more than 144 points in eight of 17 games this season.
- SIU-Edwardsville has an average total of 142.1 in its matchups this year, 1.9 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Southern Indiana Betting Insights
- Southern Indiana has covered seven times in 17 chances against the spread this year.
- The Screaming Eagles are 4-2 ATS this season when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- In Southern Indiana’s 17 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 10 times.
- The Screaming Eagles have played 11 games this season that ended with a combined score above 144 points.
- The average over/under for Southern Indiana’s contests this season is 148.7, 4.7 more points than this game’s total.
SIU-Edwardsville Key Players
- Ray’Sean Taylor leads the Cougars scoring 14.3 points per game.
- Damarco Minor leads SIU-Edwardsville with 2.9 assists per game and Deejuan Pruitt paces the squad with 8.0 rebounds per matchup.
- Taylor is the top three-point shooter for the Cougars, connecting on 2.1 per game.
- Shamar Wright leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. Jonathan Kurtas collects 1.2 blocks an outing to pace SIU-Edwardsville.
Southern Indiana Key Players
- Isaiah Swope’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Screaming Eagles scoring and assists leaderboards with 13.7 points per game and 3.6 assists per game.
- Jacob Polakovich collects all of the boards and is the Southern Indiana leader in rebounds, pulling down 11.6 per game.
- Trevor Lakes is tops from three-point range for the Screaming Eagles, hitting 3.5 treys per game.
- Southern Indiana’s Jelani Simmons has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and Lakes is first in blocks with 0.5 per game.