Sports Illustrated Sportsbook is live in Colorado and has plans to launch in New Jersey, Iowa and Indiana in the coming months. When you sign up with SI Sportsbook you’ll receive $50 in free bets after making a single $10 wager. You do not need an SI Sportsbook promo code to be eligible for the welcome bonus.
This Sports Illustrated Sportsbook review covers what you can expect from SI, including how that sign-up bonus works, what the Android and iOS app is like, what you can bet on and plenty more.
We’ll start with the bonus the sportsbook offers when you sign up.
Sports Illustrated Sportsbook promo code 2022
When you create an account at SI Sportsbook you’ll get $50 in free bets after placing one $10 bet with minimum odds of -200. The free bets are awarded as five $10 free bets and are placed in your account within 72 hours of your qualifying bet being finalized.
|Online Sportsbook||SI Sportsbook|
|SI Sportsbook Promo Code||Not needed, click here to claim promo|
|SI Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonus||$50 in Free bets with qualifying $10 wager|
|SI Sportsbook Legal States||CO|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
Do I need a promo/bonus code for Sports Illustrated Sportsbook?
No, you do not need an SI promo code to claim the $50 in free bets. After signing up and making your first deposit, simply place a bet of $10 or more with odds of -200 or longer. Then, once the bet settles you will get five $10 free bets. You have 14 days to use them before they expire.
How the SI Sportsbook sign-up bonus works
Here is a rundown of what you can expect from SI Sportsbook’s sign-up bonus:
- After you create an SI Sportsbook account, place a real-money sports bet of at least $10 with minimum odds of -200.
- When the bet settles you’ll be entitled to $50 in free bets.
- The free bets come as five separate $10 free bets.
- You have 14 days to use them. Also, free bets at Sports Illustrated Sportsbook have no minimum odds requirements and cannot be cashed out early.
Using free bet tokens at SI Sportsbook
To make a bet using a free bet token, choose your wager and then select the “Bonus offers” tab. That will allow you to select your bet token. Just choose “Free bet token” and place the bet.
You cannot divide bet tokens in any way, combine them with cash wagers or cash them out. The good news though, is that tokens do not have any minimum or maximum odds restrictions.
How does SI Sportsbook’s sign-up bonus stack up?
Overall, SI Sportsbook’s sign-up bonus is one of the better ones in the industry. The size of the offer is less than you’ll find at other sportsbooks. However, it literally only costs $10 to receive $50 in free bets. On a dollar-per-dollar basis, what Sports Illustrated brings to the table is very good and compares favorably with other welcome bonus that you’ll find at places like PointsBet and FanDuel.
SI Sportsbook VIP loyalty rewards
While Sports Illustrated has not announced any rewards or loyalty club, we will be interested to see if one is forthcoming. For instance, might you receive a free digital Sports Illustrated membership if you deposit or bet a certain amount of money with SI Sportsbook? Only time will tell, but we will provide updates if the company announces anything.
Redeem rewards at retail locations
Since there are not any retail SI Sportsbook locations at this time, there are no redeemable rewards at retail locations.
Is Sports Illustrated Sportsbook legal and safe?
Yes, SI Sportsbook is a safe and legal sports wagering option in the US. SI Sportsbook is up and running in Colorado and the plan calls for it to be licensed and operational in New Jersey, Indiana and Iowa, with other states potentially following.
- What is the minimum age to bet at SI Sportsbook? While the legal betting age varies some by state, most have it set at 21, and that is the case in all four states where SI Sportsbook has or is planning to debut. When you create an account, SI Sportsbook will confirm your identity and date of birth.
- Why does the SI Sportsbook app want to track my location? You can use an online sportsbook app only in a state where the sportsbook can legally operate. For that reason, SI Sportsbook will use geolocation to check that you’re in a legal state. If you aren’t, you won’t be able to bet.
SI Sportsbook betting app review
In addition to being able to place bets and manage your account on the sportsbook website, you also can use the SI Sportsbook app, which is available for Android and iOS. We find that the app makes it easier to bet using a smartphone or tablet. The app is free, and downloading it won’t take long.
To get the app, head to the SI Sportsbook site, scroll to the bottom and, depending on your device, click either “Download on the App Store” or “Available for Android.” Follow any additional prompts after that to install the app and you’ll be ready to go.
- Speed: Obviously the speed of an app is going to be somewhat dependent on your internet connection, but all things considered Sports Illustrated has one of the faster sports betting apps that we’ve used. Lag time when moving around the app was nearly nonexistent, which is exactly how it should be.
- Overall performance: We have zero complaints with the overall performance of SI Sportsbook’s app. Navigating is quick and easy, everything is well-labeled, making it easy to find what you’re looking for, and placing bets is simple, too.
- Markets: It should come as no surprise that SI Sportsbook has just about all the betting markets you could ask for. We do wish you could make single-game parlays, but other than that, all the sports and bets available at SI are on par with most other legal sportsbooks in the US.
- Live betting: SI Sportsbook also has a quality live betting setup. Selecting “Live Now” allows you to see all the current events that you can wager on. And selecting an individual event shows you all your betting options for that event. You’ll even see a video animation keeping you up to date with what’s going on in the contest.
- Bet slip: The SI Sportsbook bet slip is one of the best in the industry. While it makes it easy to place single, parlay and round robin wagers, we really like the notes that accompany many of the bets you place. These notes will tell you if there’s anything you should know about a particular bet.
- General layout: We especially like the main menu (upper left corner), where you will find links for live betting, promotions, guides for getting started and the SI Sportsbook blog. Even if you’ve never used a sports betting app, you should have little to no trouble getting used to this one.
- Cashier: Once you’re logged into your account, all you need to do is click the “Cashier” button and then select either deposit or withdrawal and you’ll see all your banking options. When it comes to cashing out, SI Sportsbook does not charge withdrawal fees.
SI Sportsbook browser, desktop review
While using a web browser to access Sports Illustrated’s online sportsbook is a different experience, the differences are minimal. The look and feel of both options is very, very similar, and really the main changes are just related to screen size.
To illustrate this point: On the SI app, there is a main menu tab that opens all the menu options along the left side of the screen. If you’re on the website, all those options display constantly across the top of the screen.
Other than minor differences like that example, you are unlikely to notice any changes between the SI Sportsbook app and website.
SI Sportsbook overall user experience
The overall experience with SI Sportsbook is a very positive one. The app and website are both fast and easy to use. Making deposits, placing bets and then withdrawing your winnings is easy, as well. There’s not much that SI Sportsbook doesn’t do a good job of when it comes to taking care of its customers.
SI Sportsbook: Create a new account
To open a Sports Illustrated betting account, you will need to supply the following information:
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Also, bear in mind that while you can sign up from anywhere, you can place wagers only in a state where SI Sportsbook is legal.
How does SI Sportsbook benefit casual bettors?
The best benefit for casual bettors at Sports Illustrated is the sign-up bonus. That’s because you receive $50 in free bets simply by placing a single $10 bet. Register with Sports Illustrated Sportsbook here to be eligible for this bonus.
We find that the biggest benefit at SI Sportsbook for newer sports bettors is the easy-to-use bet slip. While it’s great that the slip clearly displays your odds, betting stake and possible winnings, what we really love is the accompanying notes.
The notes might tell you what constitutes a full game, for a seven-inning baseball game, for example, or what would cause a refund on a play prop bet. Basically, it makes it easy for new or less experienced sports bettors.
How does SI Sportsbook benefit experienced bettors?
The biggest benefit to experienced bettors is the ability to create your own spreads for most major sporting events. Click on a game, and you’ll find an easy-to-use slider bar for adjusting the spread or the over/under. Now the more sophisticated bettor can change that NFL line from 2.5 to 3.0 or maybe from 6.5 to 7.5. Whatever the case may be, it gives you more control over your bets.
SI Sportsbook betting options
At SI Sportsbook you can bet on US pro (NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, NHL, PGA Tour, MLS, WNBA, etc.) and college (football and basketball) leagues. You’ll also find options for international leagues (EPL, UCL, La Liga, EuroLeague, KHL, etc.) and competitions that only come around every few years (World Cup, Olympics, Euros).
As for betting, as you might expect you will find moneyline bets, spread and total bets aplenty at SI Sportsbook, along with props and futures markets. You also can group bets together and place parlays and round robins. And as we mentioned, Sports Illustrated Sportsbook app does a good job with live betting.
What’s not available at SI Sportsbook
One of the few things missing at SI Sportsbook right now is the ability to place single-game parlays. If being able to make single-game parlays is a big deal to you, this may be an issue, but otherwise Sports Illustrated has a solid range of offerings.
SI Sportsbook odds boosts
Currently, SI Sportsbook does offer a small number of daily odds boosts.
SI Sportsbook pricing
We compared the odds at Sports Illustrated Sportsbook to those at BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel and PointsBet. Overall, the sportsbooks all offer very competitive odds and lines when it comes to spreads, moneylines and over/unders. The biggest differences really end up being for prop bets, and SI online sportsbook tends to have some of the best prop betting odds around.
For example, when looking at bets on players to homer, SI consistently offered the best odds for a player to homer, as well as for a player to homer and for that player’s team to win the game.
How to deposit and cash out winnings
To fund your SI account or withdraw money from it, you’ll begin by logging in and clicking “Cashier.” Then after choosing either “Deposit” or “Withdrawal,” you’ll simply select which method you’d like.
You can make deposits using e-check, PayPal, Visa or Mastercard debit or credit cards, online bank transfer or PayWithCash. Currently your only options for cashing out are via e-check or PayPal.
How to contact customer support
SI Sportsbook’s customer service department is available 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-494-0364 or by sending an email through your sportsbook account.
Using the FAQ on the app or website, though, you might be able to find an answer to your issue without having to talk to anyone. We suggest checking that out before picking up the phone.
History of Sports Illustrated Sportsbook
SI Sportsbook is a relatively new entity that came about in 2021 when Authentic Brands Group, the owner of Sports Illustrated, partnered with gambling company 888.
As part of the collaboration, SI Sportsbook launched on 888’s sportsbook platform. The deal also allows 888 exclusive licensing of the SI brand and grants 888 exclusive integration rights and advertising on SI’s digital assets.
While the Sports Illustrated brand has fallen off of late, from almost 3 million magazine subscribers in 2018 to 1.7 million in 2020, it still garners upward of 30 million monthly users on SI.com.