Shane Lowry emerged victorious in the 2019 The Open Championship at Royal Portrush Golf Club, and he has () odds to win the tournament this year at St Andrews Links (Old Course). Saint Andrews, United Kingdom will serve as host for the event from July 13-16. The defending champion of the event is Collin Morikawa.
The insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of July 13, 2022 at 9:32 PM ET.
Get a $1,000 Risk-Free Bet at BetMGM today! Sign up here and use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Shane Lowry odds for The Open Championship
Lowry’s recent form
- Lowry has finished in the top 10 twice over his last five tournaments, finishing as high as the top five in one of those outings.
- He’s made the cut in four of his last five events.
- Lowry has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his last five tournaments. Over that same span, he’s finished with a better-than-average score four times.
- He has finished with an average score of -5 those four times he’s made the cut.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: Lowry at The Open Championship
- Lowry has one win in his last four trips to this event. His average finish at the event is seventh.
- Lowry has two made cuts in his last four attempts at this tournament.
- Lowry finished 12th when he last played this event in 2021.
- He carded one top-five round his last time at this event.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- St Andrews Links (Old Course) measures 7,297 yards for this tournament, 33 yards more than the average course on the PGA Tour over the past year (7,264).
- Players have recorded 68.25 strokes per round and an average score of -5 over the last year on Tour. Events hosted on this course have a slightly lower scoring average of -6.
- The average course Lowry has played over the past year has been 33 yards shorter than the 7,297 yards St Andrews Links (Old Course) will measure for this event.
- The tournaments he’s played over the past year have seen an average score of -4. That’s higher than this course’s recent scoring average of -6.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Shane Lowry 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||MC||72-72||3.98||-2.44||$0|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||10||67-69-69-66 (-9)||20.216||-2.008||$219,675|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||32||69-72-72-76 (+1)||7.1||7.724||$68,520|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||23||70-72-71-69 (+2)||2.348||8.984||$129,768|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||3||66-72-65-69 (-12)||12.964||4.5||$330,857|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||3||73-68-73-69 (-5)||-3.316||6.652||$0|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||12||69-68-68-68 (-11)||11.052||-7.412||$159,900|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||13||73-70-67-72 (-6)||5.67||1.703||$327,222|
|February 24-27||The Honda Classic||2||70-67-67-67 (-9)||10.528||4.016||$872,000|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from