Scotty Miller and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl on Sunday at home at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s some betting insights and tips around Miller’s receiving yards prop bet in that matchup.
Scotty Miller Super Bowl Player Props
Scotty Miller Props: What You Need To Know
Where there is Tom Brady, there is an undersized slot receiver making waves across the NFL not too far away. Scotty Miller– a Bowling Green product– has been the beneficiary of Brady’s love for slot guys but also brings blazing speed that Brady has not yet had in a slot receiver; the result: an aDOT of 16 yards and 500 yards on just 30 receptions. Far from a volume receiver like Julian Edelman or Wes Welker, Miller has been good for a 30-yard bomb that changes the momentum of the game about once a week. In the NFC Championship, it was a last-second touchdown to close out the first half that ended up being the deciding factor in that game.
However, throughout the playoffs, Miller has been buried by other weapons including Antonio Brown and averaged just 11% of offensive snaps in the two playoff games Brown participated in. Should Brown have played in the NFC Championship game, that long touchdown would likely have been Brown’s, not Miller’s.
The other factor going against Miller this week is his matchup with stellar rookie slot corner L’Jarius Sneed. While it can’t be ruled out, another long touchdown is likely out of the equation should Brown play in the Super Bowl. He can be expected to be a situational player who might see a target should Miller get loose on a third-and-long play. While more than a target or two is far from a guarantee, his value on a touchdown prop could be worth a consideration as long as Brown’s availability is up in the air.
Scott Miller: Super Bowl Prop Checklist
- Receiving yards: O/U 18.5 (-115)
- To score a touchdown (+400)
- To score 2+ touchdowns (+3300)
- To score 3+ touchdowns (+25000)
Best Super Bowl Prop Bets
Miller’s Game-by-Game Stats
|NFC Wild Card Round||@Washington||8||1||1||15||0|
|NFC Divisional Round||@Saints||8||2||1||29||0|
Receiving Yards Betting Trends
- Miller is averaging 30.6 receiving yards per game, 5.9 fewer than his prop bet over/under for Sunday’s game (36.5).
- In 26.3% of his games this year (five of 19), Miller has totaled more than 36.5 receiving yards.
- The Chiefs defense has allowed opposing receivers to accumulate the 18th-most yards in the NFL this season (248.0 per game).
- Miller’s average prop bet for receiving yards is an over/under of 40.8 per game. He averages 10.2 fewer per game than that average.
- In only 26.3% of his games (five out of 19 chances), Miller has outpaced his average receiving yards prop bet (40.8).
- In only five of his 13 games (38.5%), Miller has hit the over on receiving yards prop bets.
Odds and insights reflect consensus player props available as of February 1, 2021. CLICK HERE to place your bet on Scott Miller or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Chiefs Betting Odds
Powered By Data Skrive using data from