WCC opponents meet when the Santa Clara Broncos (15-5, 3-2 WCC) host the BYU Cougars (14-7, 4-2 WCC) at Leavey Center, starting at 11:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Broncos’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Cougars ( ).
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of January 19, 2023 at 9:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Santa Clara vs BYU Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Santa Clara Offense Vs. BYU Defense
|Santa Clara Offense||Stats (Rank)||BYU Defense|
|75.2 (111)||Points/Gm||67.8 (139)|
|15.2 (18)||Possessions/Game||7.0 (72)|
|43.5 (235)||Field Goal %||41.3 (68)|
|34.5 (156)||3PT %||32.0 (106)|
|50.0 (234)||Effective FG %||47.3 (71)|
|56.7 (86)||True Shooting %||54.3 (163)|
BYU Offense Vs. Santa Clara Defense
|BYU Offense||Stats (Rank)||Santa Clara Defense|
|75.3 (107)||Points/Gm||70.5 (217)|
|7.0 (292)||Possessions/Game||15.2 (347)|
|44.7 (169)||Field Goal %||42.8 (144)|
|33.9 (190)||3PT %||35.2 (267)|
|51.9 (138)||Effective FG %||49.5 (168)|
|55.4 (143)||True Shooting %||56.1 (213)|
Best Betting Sites For Santa Clara vs BYU
Santa Clara Betting Insights
- Santa Clara has put together an 11-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Broncos have an ATS record of 5-6 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites this season.
- Santa Clara and its opponents have combined to hit the over seven out of 19 times this season.
- Broncos games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 145.5 points 10 times.
- Santa Clara has an average point total of 145.7 in its outings this year, 0.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
BYU Betting Insights
- BYU has put together a 10-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more five times this year, and covered the spread in five of those matchups.
- So far this year, eight out of BYU’s 19 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponent to score more than 145.5 points in eight of 19 games this season.
- BYU has a 143.1-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 2.4 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Santa Clara Key Players
- Brandin Podziemski leads the Broncos in points, rebounds and assists. He contributes 18.3 points per game while also adding 8.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists.
- Keshawn Justice makes 2.8 treys per game to lead the Broncos.
- Podziemski leads the team with 2.1 steals per game. Jaden Bediako collects 1.2 blocks an outing to pace Santa Clara.
BYU Key Players
- Fousseyni Traore leads the team in both scoring (12.8 points per game) and rebounding (8.0 rebounds per game).
- Dallin Hall puts in work handing out assists and is BYU’s assist leader with 3.6 per game.
- Jaxson Robinson is tops from three-point range for the Cougars, hitting 2.1 treys per game.
- BYU’s Gideon George has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Atiki Ally Atiki is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.