The Samford Bulldogs (13-7, 7-0 SoCon) will try to continue a seven-game winning streak when they host the Western Carolina Catamounts (11-9, 4-3 SoCon) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Pete Hanna Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Catamounts ( ).
The betting facts in this article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Samford vs Western Carolina Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Samford Offense Vs. Western Carolina Defense
|Samford Offense||Stats (Rank)||Western Carolina Defense|
|78.3 (42)||Points/Gm||68.6 (166)|
|11.2 (150)||Possessions/Game||10.3 (157)|
|45.2 (146)||Field Goal %||45.1 (263)|
|35.2 (117)||3PT %||34.8 (238)|
|53.1 (86)||Effective FG %||49.8 (174)|
|57.7 (50)||True Shooting %||55.5 (203)|
Western Carolina Offense Vs. Samford Defense
|Western Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Samford Defense|
|75.6 (97)||Points/Gm||69.6 (191)|
|10.3 (202)||Possessions/Game||11.2 (211)|
|42.9 (267)||Field Goal %||43.2 (164)|
|35.0 (129)||3PT %||38.3 (347)|
|50.7 (202)||Effective FG %||51.3 (246)|
|54.5 (188)||True Shooting %||57.2 (252)|
Best Betting Sites For Samford vs Western Carolina
Samford Betting Insights
- Samford has won nine games against the spread this season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Bulldogs have covered the spread once this season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Samford’s games have hit the over eight out of 16 times this season.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over 142.5 combined points in seven of 16 games this season.
- The average total in Samford’s contests this year is 147.8, 5.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
Western Carolina Betting Insights
- Western Carolina has covered eight times in 17 matchups with a spread this year.
- When playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs this season, the Catamounts have an ATS record of 3-2.
- A total of six Western Carolina’s games this season have hit the over.
- The Catamounts have combined with their opponent to score more than 142.5 points in seven of 17 games this season.
- The average over/under for Western Carolina’s outings this season is 144.2, 1.7 more points than this game’s total.
Samford Key Players
- Logan Dye leads the Bulldogs scoring 14.1 points per game.
- Jaron Rillie leads Samford with 3.1 assists per game and Jermaine Marshall paces the squad with 6.8 rebounds per matchup.
- The Bulldogs are led by Bubba Parham from beyond the arc. He hits 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- A.J. Staton-McCray leads the team with 1.7 steals per game. Achor Achor collects 0.9 blocks a contest to pace Samford.
Western Carolina Key Players
- Tyzhaun Claude holds the top Catamounts spot in two categories: scoring (15.0 points per game) and rebounding (8.5 rebounds per game).
- Vonterius Woolbright puts in work dishing out assists and is Western Carolina’s assist leader with 4.4 per game.
- Tre Jackson leads the Catamounts in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.5 made threes per game.
- Russell Jones tops Western Carolina in steals with 1.9 per game, and Claude leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.