Below you’ll find stats and insights about Burns from before the tournament to help you place in-progress bets for this event.
The betting facts in the following article reflect odds as of July 15, 2022 at 12:22 AM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Sam Burns odds for The Open Championship
Burns’ recent form
- Burns has finished in the top five in one of his last five appearances.
- He’s made the cut in four of his last five appearances.
- Over his last five events, Burns has finished within five shots of the leader one time and finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- In his last five tournaments, his average score has been even par.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
Course history: Burns at The Open Championship
- Burns has an average finish of 66th over his last two trips to this tournament.
- Burns made the cut in each of his last two attempts at this event.
- Burns finished 55th when he last played this event in 2022.
- He finished one round with a better-than-average score his last time at this event.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Courses on Tour over the past year have averaged 7,265 yards, which is shorter than the 7,297-yard length for this event.
- St Andrews Links (Old Course) checks in at 7,297 yards, five yards longer than the average course Burns has played over the past year (7,292 yards).
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Sam Burns 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 13-16||The Open Championship||55||72 (E)||–||–||$0|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||66||67-76-71-74 (+8)||–||–||$17,440|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||MC||70-70||0.128||-0.334||$0|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||27||71-67-71-76 (+5)||-1.68||8.76||$127,002|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||4||67-69-65-65 (-14)||16.196||2.012||$391,500|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||1||71-68-67-65 (-9)||–||–||$1,512,000|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||20||71-67-71-72 (+1)||4.368||2.964||$191,250|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||MC||73-67||-3.32||-2.270||$0|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||MC||75-74||-2.46||0.126||$0|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||1||64-67-67-69 (-17)||17.808||5.832||$1,404,000|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||26||68-69-71-76 (-4)||0.971||4.402||$143,000|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||9||72-69-75-71 (-1)||3.227||5.953||$339,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||MC||71-76||-2.990||-2.580||$0|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||MC||68-73||0.931||-1.098||$0|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||MC||67-76||-2.169||-0.587||$0|
|January 7-10||Sentry Tournament of Champions||19||72-64-68-69 (-19)||-1.295||1.164||$123,000|
Burns’ last tournament appearance was on July 7-10 at The Renaissance Club. Here’s a round-by-round breakdown of his 66th-place finish in the Genesis Scottish Open.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from