The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints vs Panthers Betting Odds
Saints vs Panthers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Saints games average 51.9 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- Panthers games average 47.5 total points, 1.5 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Saints games have gone over 49 points on nine occasions this season (60% of matchups).
- In seven (46.7%) games this season, the Panthers have combined with their opponents to go over 49 points.
- These two teams score a combined average of 52.8 points per game, higher than the total for this matchup by 3.8 points.
- The Saints are the fourth-highest scoring team in the league this year. The Panthers have scored the 23rd-most points.
- These teams allow a combined 46.6 points per game, 2.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- New Orleans is the NFL’s ninth-ranked scoring defense while Carolina is the 18th-ranked.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in 10 out of 15 opportunities this season (66.7%).
- New Orleans is 8-7 against the spread.
- The Saints have an even ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
Panthers Betting Insights
- About half of Carolina’s games this year — seven out of 15 — have gone over the point total.
- Carolina has a 9-6 record against the spread.
Saints vs Panthers: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|10/25/2020||Saints||Saints||-7.00||50.00||-315||+270||415-283 NO||27-24 NO|
|12/29/2019||Saints||Panthers||-13.5||45||-770||+575||379-329 NO||42-10 NO|
|11/24/2019||Saints||Saints||-9.5||46.5||-420||+350||418-351 NO||34-31 NO|
When the Saints Have the Ball
- The Saints have put an average of 29.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.3 more than the 24.6 the Panthers have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where New Orleans score at least 29.9 points this season, they are 6-1 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When the Carolina defense allows 24.6 points or fewer this year, the Panthers have accumulated a 5-2 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
- The Panthers defense has given up an average of 360.7 yards per game this season, 17.8 yards fewer than the 378.5 the Saints offense has averaged.
- The Saints pick up 5.8 yards per play while the Panthers allow 5.6 per play.
- In contests where the New Orleans offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 4-5 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- When Carolina allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall this season.
- The Panthers have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 118.3 yards per game, compared to the 140.7 yards the Saints offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the New Orleans rushing attack puts together at least their season average, the Saints are 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- This season, when the Carolina defense allows opponents to pick up less than 118.3 yards on the ground, they are 5-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Saints have turned the ball over 1.1 times per game this season, while the Panthers have averaged 1.5 takeaways per contest.
- When New Orleans turns the football over 1.1 times or fewer this season, they are 8-3 overall and 5-6 against the spread.
- Carolina’s record this season when they force more than 1.5 turnovers: 3-1 ATS, 2-2 overall
When the Panthers Have the Ball
- The Panthers put up 22.9 points per game, comparable to the 22 per matchup the Saints give up.
- Carolina is 5-3 against the spread and 2-6 overall a season ago when the team records at least 22.9 points.
- New Orleans has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games when it allows 29.9 points or less.
- The Panthers collect 41.4 more yards per game (351.5), than the Saints allow per contest (310.1). The Panthers average 5.6 yards per play, while the Saints give up 5 per play.
- New Orleans has a 6-1 record ATS and a 7-0 record overall when holding its opponents to 310.1 yards or less.
- This season, the Panthers run for 13.4 more yards per game (108.6) than the Saints allow per contest (95.2).
- Carolina has a 5-4 ATS record and a 4-5 overall record when the team rushes for at least 108.6 yards.
- This season, New Orleans is 7-1 against the spread and 8-0 overall when holding opponents to no more than 95.2 rushing yards.
- This year, the Panthers turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, 0.3 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.4 the Saints force on average.
- Carolina is 7-4 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 or fewer times.
- When it forces 1.4 or more turnovers, New Orleans has a 5-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall.
Saints Players to Watch
- Drew Brees has thrown for 2,741 yards while completing 70.7% of his passes (253-of-358), with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions in 11 games this year (249.2 yards per game).
- Alvin Kamara has churned out a team-high 932 rushing yards (62.1 yards per game) and scored 16 touchdowns. He has tacked on 83 catches for 756 yards (50.4 receiving yards per game) with five receiving touchdowns.
- Latavius Murray has 656 yards on 146 carries (43.7 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Sanders’ statline this year shows 52 catches for 663 yards and four touchdowns. He puts up 44.2 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 69 times.
- Over 14 games, Jared Cook has caught 33 passes on 55 targets for 461 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 32.9 receiving yards per game.
- Cameron Jordan has 7.5 sacks, 11 TFL, and 50 tackles over 15 games this season.
- This year, Demario Davis has racked up 113 tackles, 10 TFL, and four sacks.
- Janoris Jenkins has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 49 tackles, two TFL, and 11 passes defended.
Panthers Players to Watch
- Teddy Bridgewater has thrown for 3,558 yards while completing 69.6% of his passes (327-of-470), with 15 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 14 games this year (254.1 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 50 times for 272 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 19.4 yards per game.
- Mike Davis has racked up a team-high 642 rushing yards (42.8 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns. He has added 59 catches for 373 yards (24.9 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- D.J. Moore has been targeted 107 times and has 61 catches to lead the team with 1,092 yards (72.8 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Robby Anderson has also contributed with 92 catches for 1,057 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 131 times and puts up 70.5 receiving yards per game.
- Curtis Samuel has caught 70 passes on 86 targets for 733 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 52.4 yards per game.
- Brian Burns has registered a team-leading eight sacks, while adding eight TFL and 59 tackles.
- Jeremy Chinn has collected 108 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and one interception this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from