The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 19, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to score more than 51 in all five games.
- In two games this season, the Panthers have combined with their opponents to go over 51 points.
- The total for this matchup is 2.6 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams (48.4).
- These two teams yield a combined 53.5 points per game– 2.5 higher than the total for this matchup.
- The points total average for Saints games this season is 60.6– 9.6 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Panthers games average 46.5 total points– 4.5 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Saints are the sixth-highest scoring team in the league this year. The Panthers have scored the 23rd-most points.
- This contest features the league’s 13th-ranked (Carolina) and 24th-ranked (New Orleans) scoring defenses.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans is 2-3 against the spread.
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in all five outings this season.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina has put together a 3-3 record against the spread this season.
- Three of Carolina’s six games this year have gone over the point total.
Saints vs Panthers: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/29/2019||Saints||Panthers||-13.5||45||-770||+575||379-329 NO||42-10 NO|
|11/24/2019||Saints||Saints||-9.5||46.5||-420||+350||418-351 NO||34-31 NO|
When the Saints Have the Ball
- The Saints score 30.6 points per game this season– 7.1 more than the Panthers allow per game (23.5).
- When they score 30.6 or more this season, New Orleans is 2-0 and 2-0 against the spread.
- When the Carolina defense allows 23.5 points or fewer this year, the Panthers have put together a 3-1 overall record and a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Panthers defense has given up an average of 339.8 yards per game so far this season, 38.6 yards fewer than the Saints offense averages (378.4).
- The Saints pick up 5.8 yards per play and the Panthers allow 5.4.
- When New Orleans hits their 2020 average in yardage, they are 2-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread this season.
- When Carolina allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall this season.
- The Saints have averaged 115 yards per game on the ground this season– 6.7 yards fewer than the Panthers have allowed to opposing rushing attacks (121.7).
- When New Orleans rushes for their season average, they are 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- This season, when the Carolina defense allows opponents to pick up less than 121.7 yards on the ground, they are 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Saints have turned the ball over 0.8 times per game this season, while the Panthers have averaged 1.5 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they don’t turn the football over this season, New Orleans is 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Carolina’s record this season when they force more than 1.5 turnovers: 1-1 ATS, 1-1 overall
When the Panthers Have the Ball
- The Panthers put up seven fewer points per game (23) than the Saints allow (30).
- When Carolina scores at least 23 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- This season, New Orleans has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 30.6 or fewer points.
- The Panthers average 46.5 more yards per game (383.5), than the Saints allow per outing (337). The Panthers average 6 yards per play, while the Saints give up 5.2 per play.
- New Orleans has a 2-0 record ATS and a 2-0 record overall when holding its opponents to 337 yards or less.
- This season, the Panthers average 116.7 rushing yards per game– 16.5 more per game than the Saints allow per contest (100.2).
- Carolina has a 2-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record when the team runs for at least 116.7 yards.
- This season, New Orleans is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when holding opponents to no more than 100.2 rushing yards.
- This year, the Panthers turn the ball over 1.3 times per game– 0.3 more turnovers per game than the one the Saints force on average.
- Carolina has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.3 times or less.
- This season, New Orleans has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall when it forces at least one turnover.
Saints Players to Watch
- Drew Brees has 1,331 passing yards (266.2 yards per game), nine touchdowns, and three picks this season while completing 71% of his passes (125-of-176).
- Alvin Kamara has 281 rushing yards (56.2 yards per game) and four touchdowns in five games. He has added 38 catches for 395 yards (79 receiving yards per game) and three receiving touchdowns.
- In five games, Latavius Murray has rushed for 218 yards on 52 carries (43.6 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Sanders has 304 yards on 26 catches with two touchdowns. He has been targeted 36 times and puts up 60.8 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Tre’Quan Smith has caught 16 passes on 21 targets for 194 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 38.8 receiving yards per game.
- Trey Hendrickson has registered 4.5 sacks, five TFL, and 13 tackles over five games.
- So far this year, Demario Davis has totaled 36 tackles, four TFL, and two sacks.
- Janoris Jenkins has picked off one pass, and added 20 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended three over games.
Panthers Players to Watch
- This year, Teddy Bridgewater has recorded 1,677 passing yards (279.5 yards per game), six touchdowns, and five picks while going 146-for-207 (70.5% completion percentage).He has tacked on 121 rushing yards on 23 carries with one touchdown, averaging 20.2 yards per game.
- Mike Davis has rushed for 272 yards on 64 attempts (45.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns in six games. He also averages 34.8 receiving yards per game, grabbing 32 passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns.
- This season, Robby Anderson has 40 catches (53 targets) for 567 yards (94.5 per game) and one touchdown in six games.
- D.J. Moore has added 27 catches for 474 yards and one touchdown over six games. He averages 79 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 48 times.
- Marquis Haynes has two sacks, two TFL, and six tackles this season.
- This season, Shaq Thompson has totaled 49 tackles and two TFL.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from