The UMass Minutemen (11-7, 2-4 A-10) aim to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Saint Joseph’s (PA) Hawks (8-10, 2-4 A-10) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Hawks’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup against the Minutemen ( ).
The betting trends in the following article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:42 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Saint Joseph’s (PA) vs UMass Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Saint Joseph’s (PA) Offense Vs. UMass Defense
|Saint Joseph’s (PA) Offense||Stats (Rank)||UMass Defense|
|71.1 (192)||Points/Gm||69.9 (203)|
|8.1 (273)||Possessions/Game||15.8 (330)|
|42.3 (297)||Field Goal %||43.3 (170)|
|34.7 (144)||3PT %||31.8 (100)|
|50.3 (220)||Effective FG %||49.6 (169)|
|52.4 (261)||True Shooting %||52.5 (108)|
UMass Offense Vs. Saint Joseph’s (PA) Defense
|UMass Offense||Stats (Rank)||Saint Joseph’s (PA) Defense|
|70.8 (201)||Points/Gm||71.7 (246)|
|15.8 (33)||Possessions/Game||8.1 (90)|
|41.5 (319)||Field Goal %||43.2 (164)|
|33.6 (207)||3PT %||33.8 (195)|
|46.5 (334)||Effective FG %||50.8 (220)|
|50.5 (330)||True Shooting %||54.2 (155)|
Best Betting Sites For Saint Joseph’s (PA) vs UMass
Saint Joseph’s (PA) Betting Insights
- Saint Joseph’s (PA) has won nine games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing nine times.
- The Hawks are 4-2 ATS this season when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, eight out of Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s 18 games have hit the over.
- The Hawks’ 18 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 149.5 points five times.
- The average point total in Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s outings this year is 142.8, 6.7 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
UMass Betting Insights
- UMass has compiled a 9-8-1 ATS record so far this season.
- The Minutemen have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more four times this year, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- UMass’ games have hit the over eight out of 18 times this season.
- The Minutemen have played six games this season that have gone over 149.5 combined points scored.
- UMass has had an average of 140.7 points scored in its games so far this season, 8.8 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Saint Joseph’s (PA) Key Players
- Erik Reynolds Jr. leads the Hawks scoring 17.3 points per game.
- Saint Joseph’s (PA) is led in rebounding by Charlie Brown’s 5.9 rebounds per game and assists by Lynn Greer III’s 4.5 assists per game.
- Brown is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, hitting 3.0 per game.
- Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s steals leader is Reynolds Jr., who grabs 1.5 per game. Kacper Klaczek leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a contest.
UMass Key Players
- Matt Cross holds the top Minutemen spot in two categories: scoring (11.8 points per game) and rebounding (6.6 rebounds per game).
- The UMass leader in assists is Rahsool Diggins with 2.3 assists per game.
- T.J Weeks leads the Minutemen in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.6 made threes per game.
- Nobody on UMass grabs more steals than Cross (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Wildens Leveque (1.3 per game).