Rory McIlroy enters play in the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) withodds to win after a 19th-place finish in the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands June 23-27 in his last tournament action. Saint Andrews, United Kingdom will serve as host for the event from July 13-16. The defending champion of the event is Collin Morikawa.
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of July 13, 2022 at 9:33 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook $1,100 Bonus Make your first bet and you’ll get a free bet back if it loses for up to $1,100. Promo Code: LEGALCZR
Rory McIlroy odds for The Open Championship
McIlroy’s recent form
- McIlroy will take aim at his eighth straight finish in the top 20 this week.
- McIlroy has qualified for the weekend in seven straight events.
- Over his last five appearances, McIlroy has one win, two top-five finishes and three top-10 finishes.
- Over his last five tournaments, McIlroy has finished within three shots of the leader twice and five or fewer strokes back of the winner three times. He’s carded a score that’s better than average five times.
- He has carded an average score of -7 over his last five appearances.
The Open Championship details
- Date: July 13-16, 2022
- Location: Saint Andrews, United Kingdom
- Course: St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Par: 72 / 7,297 yards
- Defending Champ: Collin Morikawa
Course history: McIlroy at The Open Championship
- Over McIlroy’s last four trips to this tournament, he’s finished among the top five two times. His average finish at the event is 17th.
- McIlroy has made the cut three times in his last four entries to the event.
- McIlroy finished 46th on the leaderboard in his most recent trip to this event in 2021.
- He finished within five shots of the leader in one round his last time here.
Course comparison – St Andrews Links (Old Course)
- Courses on Tour over the past year have averaged 7,264 yards, which is shorter than the 7,297-yard length for this event.
- St Andrews Links (Old Course) has seen an average tournament score of -6 recently, which is lower than the Tour scoring average of -5 across all courses over the past year.
- The courses McIlroy has played over the past year have an average distance of 7,284 yards, while St Andrews Links (Old Course) will play at 7,297 yards this week.
- Over the past year, the events he’s played have a scoring average of -3 among finishers, which is higher than the -6 average at this course.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Rory McIlroy 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||19||62-70-72-67 (-9)||21.424||10.164||$106,102|
|June 16-20||U.S. Open||5||67-69-73-69 (-2)||5.72||17.36||$674,953|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||1||66-68-65-62 (-19)||8.04||14.168||$1,566,000|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||18||70-69-73-74 (-2)||9.312||1.512||$142,800|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||8||65-71-74-68 (-2)||17.984||13.348||$436,600|
|May 5- 9||Wells Fargo Championship||5||67-73-68-68 (-4)||5.588||4.76||$369,000|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||2||73-73-71-64 (-7)||8.4||-5.064||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||72-73||-0.848||0.338||$0|
|March 10-13||THE PLAYERS Championship||33||73-73-73-66 (-3)||8.856||-4.483||$100,111|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||13||65-72-76-76 (+1)||8.2||-1.02||$228,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||10||69-70-67-68 (-10)||2.386||5.177||$303,000|
McIlroy’s last appearance, his 19th-place finish in the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands, is broken down on a round-by-round basis below.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from