Ronald Jones II and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl on Sunday at Raymond James Stadium. Here’s some insights and tips around Jones’ rushing yards and attempts prop bets in that matchup.
Ronald Jones Super Bowl Player Props
Ronald Jones Props: What You Need To Know
Long gone are the days of Ronald Jones being the premiere back in Tampa. Injuries plagued Jones over the back end of the season, forcing him to miss Weeks 15 and 16, as well as the Wild Card round. Competitor Leonard Fournette seized the opportunity, relegating Jones to the RB2 for this game. He’s seen just 29% and 28% of snaps in the last two games, respectively. In his most recent outing in the NFC Championship game, Jones managed just 1.6 yards per carry on 10 carries, while Fournette put together a highlight tape’s worth of runs.
Successful teams and offenses in the NFL Playoffs ride the hot hand and that means Fournette carrying most of the load. Barring injury or a really bad start, Jones will be a role player in this offense. Because he’s not utilized in the passing game like Fournette is (and even occasionally LeSean McCoy is), the role left for Jones is minimal at best. At this point, he will likely just be used to take some of the weight off Fournette’s shoulders.
In the Bucs’ last game against the Chiefs (Week 12), Jones was the lead back, but he saw just nine carries while Tampa continued to air the ball out playing catch up. He did take a reception 37 yards (his season-long), but the third-year back has never seen more than two catches per game. If Jones were to have been the feature back, there’s opportunity in the matchup (Kansas City ranks 31st in rush EPA allowed). However, with a championship on the line and Tom Brady on the roster, this likely won’t be a get-right opportunity for Jones.
Ronald Jones II: Super Bowl Prop Checklist
- Rushing yards: O/U 35.5 (-110)
- Rushing attempts: O/U 8.5 (-110)
- Receiving yards: O/U 1.5 (-110)
- Receptions made: Over 0.5 (+130), Under 0.5 (-161)
- Longest reception: O/U 1.5 (-110)
- To score a touchdown (+270)
- To score 2+ touchdowns (+1900)
- To score 3+ touchdowns (+10000)
- To score a first half touchdown (+550)
- To score a second half touchdown (+500)
- To score first touchdown (+1800)
- To score last touchdown (+1800)
Best Super Bowl Prop Bets
Jones’ Game-by-Game Stats
|Week||Opponent||Off. Snaps||Carries||Rush Yards||Rush TDs||Receptions||Yards||TDs|
|NFC Divisional Round||@Saints||21||13||62||0||0||0||0|
|NFC Championship Game||@Packers||18||10||16||0||0||0||0|
Rushing Yards Betting Insights
- Jones’ 66.0 rushing yards per game average is 12.5 greater than Sunday’s over/under.
- In 56.2% of his games this season (nine of 16 matchups), Jones has put up more than 53.5 rushing yards.
- The Chiefs give up 122.1 yards per game on the ground, good for the NFL’s 20th-ranked rush defense.
- Jones has outpaced his season rushing yards prop bet average (61.4) by 4.6 yards.
- Jones has put up more rushing yards than his season-long rushing yards prop bet average (61.4) in 56.2% of his games (nine out of 16 matchups).
- Jones has hit the over on his rushing yards totals in 10 games (62.5%) out of 16 opportunities.
Rushing Attempts Betting Trends
- Jones has collected 13.4 rushing attempts per game, 3.9 more than the over/under in Sunday’s game (9.5).
- Jones has collected more than 9.5 rushing attempts in 12 of 16 games this season (75% of his opportunities).
- Jones’ season-long average over/under is 14.1 rushing attempts. He has recorded 0.7 less rushing attempts per game than that prop bet average.
- In only six of 16 games this year, Jones achieved the over on rushing attempts prop bets (37.5% of his opportunities).
- Jones has gone over his average rushing attempts prop bet total (14.1 rushing attempts) in only 37.5% of his games (six of 16 games).
- Chiefs opponents average 27.1 rushing attempts per game, the 14th-most in the NFL this season.
Odds and insights reflect consensus player props available as of January 28, 2021. CLICK HERE to place your bet on Ronald Jones II or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Chiefs Betting Odds
Powered By Data Skrive using data from