The Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) are underdogs against the Houston Rockets (0-0) at Toyota Center on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The game starts at 8:00 PM ET on FS-OK. The matchup’s over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Rockets and Thunder Records ATS
- Houston was under .500 against the spread last season with a record of 37-45-1
- The Rockets had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 7.5 points, going 10-17 last season.
- Houston and its opponents went over the set total in only 32 of 83 games last season (38.6%).
- With a 46-31-1 record ATS last season, Oklahoma City outplayed expectations ATS last season.
- The Thunder were at least an 7.5-point underdog 12th times last season, where they had a record of 2-9 against the spread.
- 46.2% of Oklahoma City’s 78 games last season reached the over/under.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/20/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-7||230.5||-310||251||Regular Season||112-107 OKC|
|1/9/2020||Rockets||Thunder||-4||227.5||-176||146||Regular Season||113-92 OKC*|
|10/28/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-9.5||228||-600||432||Regular Season||116-112 HOU|
- 8/24/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook
- 8/22/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook
- 8/20/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook
- 8/18/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook
- 1/9/2020 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon
- Houston and its opponents hit the over on Wednesday’s 225.5 total in 53 out of 84 games (63.1%) last season.
- In Oklahoma City’s games last season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Wednesday’s matchup point total in 26 out of 79 matchups (32.9%).
- On average, the Rockets saw a 230.1 over/under in their games last season, 4.6 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.0 points separates this matchup’s over/under (225.5 points) and the average total points bet in Thunder’s games (218.5 points) last season.
- The Rockets had an average implied point total of 118.9 last season, which is 1.9 points higher than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (117).
- Last season, Houston outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 38 times.
- The average implied point total last season for the Thunder (112) is three more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (109).
- Oklahoma City scored more than 109 points in 45 games last season.
- Last season, the Rockets were the NBA’s second-highest scoring team (116.4 PPG), while the Thunder allowed their opponents the seventh-fewest points per game (108.6) in the league.
- The Rockets totaled a total of 222 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.7 per game), and the Thunder out-scored opponents by 98 points on the season (1.2 more per game).
- James Harden scored 34.3 points per game and dished out 7.5 assists per contest last season.
- PJ Tucker collected 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden averaged 1.8 steals per game. Christian Wood collected 0.9 blocks a game.
- Al Horford averaged 6.8 rebounds and racked up 4.0 assists per game last season.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a strong season offensively, scoring 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza averaged 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from