A game after he went off for 31 points in a 118-108 loss to the Bulls, Jalen Brunson leads the Dallas Mavericks (2-4) on the road against the Houston Rockets (2-2) on Monday, January 4, 2021. The Mavericks are against the spread in the matchup, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET on NBA TV.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 4, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Rockets vs Mavericks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 4
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Mason Jones: Day To Day (Right Ankle),
Ben McLemore: Day To Day (Self Isolating),
James Harden: Day To Day (Right Ankle)
Luka Doncic: Out (Quad),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
Maxi Kleber: Day To Day (Ankle)
Rockets and Mavericks Records ATS
- Houston managed to cover the spread in less than half its games last season, putting together a record of 37-45-1 against the spread.
- When favored by at least 1 point, the Rockets were 26-36-1 against the spread in 2019-20.
- Only 32 of 83 Houston games last season (38.6%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Dallas held a losing record ATS last season with 38 wins, 39 losses, and three ties ATS.
- As at least a 1-point underdog last season, the Mavericks met expectations with 25-25-2 record against the spread.
- Dallas and its opponents often covered the total points bet last season, doing so in 61.2% (49) of its 80 games played.
VIDEO: NBA picks and predictions for tonight
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Friday, the Rockets took down the Mavericks 153-149. James Harden led the Rockets with 49 points, and Kristaps Porzingis paced the Mavericks with 39. The Rockets covered the spread as 1-point underdogs, and the teams put up a total of 302 total points to hit the over on the 231-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|7/31/2020||Mavericks||Mavericks||-1||231||-115||-104||Regular Season||153-149 HOU*|
|1/31/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-8||237.5||-336||268||Regular Season||128-121 HOU*|
|11/24/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-5||229.5||-225||183||Regular Season||137-123 DAL*|
|3/10/2019||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-93 HOU|
|2/11/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-104 HOU|
|12/8/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-104 DAL|
|11/28/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-108 DAL|
|3/11/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-82 HOU|
|2/11/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-97 HOU|
|1/24/2018||–||Mavericks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-97 HOU|
- 7/31/2020 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon
- 1/31/2020 DNP – Rockets: Clint Capela; Mavericks: Luka Doncic
- 11/24/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon
- Last season, the Rockets were at the second spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (116.4 PPG), while the Mavericks allowed the 16th-fewest points per game (113.1) in the league.
- The Rockets totaled a total of 222 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.7 per game), and the Mavericks out-scored opponents by 313 points on the season (3.9 more per game).
- Harden averaged 34.3 points per game last season while also adding 7.5 assists.
- PJ Tucker collected 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden swiped 1.8 steals per game. Christian Wood collected 0.9 blocks an outing.
- Luka Doncic has shown out this season to lead the Mavericks in points (24.4 per game), rebounds (7.6 per game), and assists (6.4 per game).
- Doncic’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 4.1 points greater than his season average of 24.4.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mavericks, cashing in 2.7 treys per game.
- Hardaway’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.8 shots greater than his season average of 2.7.
- Dallas’ James Johnson has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Maxi Kleber is first in blocks with 0.7 per game.
- Kleber’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.8 blocks higher than his season average of 0.7.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from