The Orlando Magic (6-2) are underdogs (by points) to extend a three-game road winning streak when they visit the Houston Rockets (2-4) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Magic Betting Odds
Rockets vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 8
Kenyon Martin Jr.: Day To Day (Illness),
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Ben McLemore: Day To Day (Illness),
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Knee),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Back),
Mason Jones: Day To Day (Right Ankle)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Back Spasms)
Rockets and Magic Records ATS
- Houston’s against the spread record this season is an even 3-3.
- The Rockets have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 5.5 points, going 0-1 this season.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 6 of 6 games this season (100%).
- Orlando has outpaced the spread so far this season with a record of 5-2.
- 0% of Orlando’s 8 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
D.J. Augustin scored a team-high 24 points to lead the Magic over Russell Westbrook (24 points) and the Rockets 126-106 in their last matchup on Sunday. The Rockets were favored by 7.5 points in the game, but the Magic covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 232 total points to cover the 229.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/8/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-7.5||229.5||-346||275||Regular Season||126-106 ORL|
|12/13/2019||Rockets||Magic||-6.5||220.5||-302||245||Regular Season||130-107 HOU|
|1/27/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 HOU|
|1/13/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-109 ORL|
|1/30/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-107 HOU|
|1/3/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-98 HOU|
|2/7/2017||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-104 HOU|
|1/6/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-93 HOU|
|12/23/2015||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-101 ORL|
|11/4/2015||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-114 HOU|
- Houston and its opponents have gone over Friday’s 227.5 total in 45 out of six games (750%) this year.
- In Orlando’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Friday’s matchup point total in two out of eight matchups (25%).
- The Rockets have seen a 226.7 average over/under in their games this season, 0.8 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Magic’s games have an over/under of 216 points this season, 11.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Rockets have an average implied point total of 34.8 this season, which is 82.2 points lower than their implied total in Friday’s game (117).
- So far this season, Houston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (117) 38 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Magic (28.1) is 82.9 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (111).
- Orlando has scored more than 111 points in four games this season.
- The Rockets are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.3 PPG), while the Magic allow the sixth-fewest points per game (106) in the league.
- The Rockets have been out-scored by 24 points this season (four points per game on average), while the Magic have put up 32 more points than their opponents on the year (four per game).
- James Harden leads the Rockets in scoring (29.4 points per game) and assisting (11.0 assists per game).
- Harden’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.1 points greater than his season average of 29.4.
- Christian Wood paces Houston with 10.0 rebounds per game.
- Wood’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 10.0.
- Harden knocks down 3.8 threes per game to lead the Rockets.
- Harden’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 3.8.
- PJ Tucker leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Wood collects 2.0 blocks an outing to pace Houston.
- Tucker’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
- Nikola Vucevic is at the top of the Magic scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 21.0 points per game and 10.5 rebounds per game this season.
- Vucevic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 35.5, 0.5 higher than his season average of 35.0.
- Markelle Fultz has the title of Orlando assist leader, dishing out 5.4 assists per game this season.
- Fultz’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 25.5, 4.1 higher than his season average of 21.4.
- Terrence Ross is tops from three-point range for the Magic, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Nobody on Orlando grabs more steals than Ross (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Michael Carter-Williams (0.6 per game).
- Carter-Williams’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 0.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from