A game after he put up 33 points in a 122-119 win over the Kings, James Harden leads the Houston Rockets (1-2) at home against the Sacramento Kings (3-2) on Saturday, January 2, 2021. The Rockets are favored by points in the matchup, which tips at 5:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 2, 2021, 12:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Kings Betting Odds
Rockets vs Kings Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 2
Rockets: Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles), Mason Jones: Out (Right Ankle), Ben McLemore: Out (Self Isolating), Kenyon Martin Jr.: Out (Self Isolating), Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Left Knee)
Kings: DaQuan Jeffries: Out (Left ankle)
Rockets and Kings Records ATS
- With a mark of 37-45-1, Houston had a losing record against the spread last season.
- The Rockets had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 5 points, going 20-25 last season.
- Only 32 of 83 Houston games last season (38.6%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Sacramento regularly covered the spread last season with a record of 37-33-2.
- The Kings only held a 3-8 record against the spread last season when they entered a game as at least a 5-point underdog.
- Sacramento and its opponents typically covered the total points bet last season, doing so in 52.8% (38) of its 72 games played.
Head to Head
The Rockets took down the Kings 122-119 in the last meeting between the two teams on Thursday. Harden scored 33 points to pace the Rockets, and Harrison Barnes scored 24 points for the Kings. The Kings covered the spread as 5.5-point underdogs, and the teams scored 241 total points to go over the 231.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/31/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-5.5||231.5||-220||179||Regular Season||122-119 HOU|
|8/9/2020||Rockets||Kings||-4.5||235.5||-194||161||Regular Season||129-112 HOU*|
|12/23/2019||Rockets||Kings||-6||230||-244||195||Regular Season||113-104 HOU*|
|12/9/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-12||225.5||-839||592||Regular Season||119-118 SAC*|
|4/2/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-105 HOU|
|3/30/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-108 HOU|
|2/6/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-101 HOU|
|11/17/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-112 HOU|
|4/11/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-83 SAC|
|2/14/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-91 HOU|
- 8/9/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon; Kings: Marvin Bagley III
- 12/23/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon; Kings: Bogdan Bogdanovic
- 12/9/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon; Kings: De’Aaron Fox, Marvin Bagley III
- Houston and its opponents went over Saturday’s 234 total in 31 out of 84 games (36.9%) last year.
- In 21 out of Sacramento’s 72 games last season (29.2%), the competing teams combined for more points than the point total in Saturday’s matchup.
- Last season the average total for Rockets games was 230.1 points, 3.9 fewer than the over/under of 234 points for this contest.
- A difference of 11.8 points separates this contest’s over/under (234 points) and the average total points bet in Kings’ games (222.2 points) last season.
- The average implied total for the Rockets last season was 118.9 points, 1.1 fewer points than their implied total of 120 points in Saturday’s game.
- Houston outscored this matchup’s implied point total (120) 30 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Kings (113.3) is 1.7 fewer points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (115).
- Last season, Sacramento scored more than this game’s implied total of 115 points 20 times.
- Last season, the Rockets were the league’s second-highest scoring team (116.4 PPG), while the Kings allowed the 17th-fewest points per game (112.1) in NBA play.
- The Rockets totaled a total of 222 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 2.7 per game), while the Kings were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 147 total points, -2 per game).
- Harden averaged 34.3 points per game last season and dished out 7.5 assists.
- PJ Tucker pulled down 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden grabbed 1.8 per game. Christian Wood averaged 0.9 blocks an outing.
- De’Aaron Fox takes the top spot on the Kings scoring and assist lists, putting up 20.6 points and 6.6 assists per game.
- Fox’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 1.9 less than his season average of 30.4.
- When it comes to rebounds, Richaun Holmes is the Sacramento leader with 9.4 per game.
- Holmes’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 19.5, 4.7 lower than his season average of 24.2.
- Buddy Hield makes more threes per game than any other member of the Kings, cashing in 3.6 treys per game.
- Hield’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 3.6.
- Nobody on Sacramento grabs more steals than Fox (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Hassan Whiteside (1.0 per game).
- Fox’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from