James Harden leads the Houston Rockets (0-2) into a matchup against the Sacramento Kings (3-1) after scoring 34 points in a 124-111 loss to the Nuggets. The Rockets are favorites in the matchup on Thursday, December 31, 2020, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 31, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Rockets vs Kings Betting Odds
Rockets vs Kings Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 31
Rockets: Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles), DeMarcus Cousins: Out (Contract Tracing), Eric Gordon: Out (Health protocols), Mason Jones: Out (Right ankle), Ben McLemore: Out (Self Isolating), Kenyon Martin Jr.: Out (Self Isolating)
Kings: DaQuan Jeffries: Out (Left ankle)
Rockets and Kings Records ATS
- With a mark of 37-45-1, Houston had a losing record against the spread last season.
- The Rockets had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 5 points, going 20-25 last season.
- Houston and its opponents went over the set total in only 32 of 83 games last season (38.6%).
- Sacramento routinely covered the spread last season with a record of 37-33-2.
- The Kings only held a 3-8 record against the spread last season when they played as at least a 5-point underdog.
- 47.2% of Sacramento’s 72 games last season fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
The Rockets defeated the Kings 129-112 in the last meeting between the two teams on Sunday. Austin Rivers scored 41 points to lead the Rockets, and De’Aaron Fox scored 26 points for the Kings. The Rockets covered the spread as 4.5-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 241 total points to cover the 235.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/9/2020||Rockets||Kings||-4.5||235.5||-194||161||Regular Season||129-112 HOU*|
|12/23/2019||Rockets||Kings||-6||230||-244||195||Regular Season||113-104 HOU*|
|12/9/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-12||225.5||-839||592||Regular Season||119-118 SAC*|
|4/2/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-105 HOU|
|3/30/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-108 HOU|
|2/6/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-101 HOU|
|11/17/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-112 HOU|
|4/11/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-83 SAC|
|2/14/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-91 HOU|
|10/18/2017||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-100 HOU|
- 8/9/2020 DNP – Rockets: Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon; Kings: Marvin Bagley III
- 12/23/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon; Kings: Bogdan Bogdanovic
- 12/9/2019 DNP – Rockets: Eric Gordon; Kings: De’Aaron Fox, Marvin Bagley III
- Houston’s games last year resulted in a higher total score than Thursday’s matchup over/under (229 points) in 40 out of 84 opportunities (47.6% of matchups).
- In Sacramento’s games last year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Thursday’s matchup total in 29 out of 72 matchups (40.3%).
- The Rockets saw a 230.1 average over/under in their games last season, 1.1 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Kings’ games have an over/under of 222.2 points last season, 6.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Rockets last season was 118.9 points, 1.9 more points than their implied total of 117 points in Thursday’s game.
- Houston outscored this matchup’s implied point total (117) 38 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Kings (113.3) is 1.3 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (112).
- Sacramento scored more than this game’s implied total of 112 points 33 times last season.
- Last season, the Rockets were at the second spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (116.4 PPG), while the Kings allowed the 17th-fewest points per game (112.1) in the league.
- The Rockets totaled 222 more points than their opponents last season (2.7 per game on average), while the Kings were out-scored by 147 total points (two per game average differential).
- Harden contributed 34.3 points per game last season while tacking on 7.5 assists.
- PJ Tucker pulled down 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden grabbed 1.8 per game. Christian Wood averaged 0.9 blocks a game.
- Fox racked up 21.1 points per game last season and contributed 6.8 assists.
- Hassan Whiteside pulled down 13.5 rebounds per game.
- Fox swiped 1.5 steals per game. Whiteside collected 2.9 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from