The VCU Rams (14-5, 5-1 A-10) will look to extend a four-game win streak when they visit the Richmond Spiders (11-8, 4-2 A-10) on Friday, January 20, 2023 at Robins Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Spiders’ (to win on the moneyline) contest with the Rams ( ).
The betting trends in this article reflect odds as of January 20, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Richmond vs VCU Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Richmond Offense Vs. VCU Defense
|Richmond Offense||Stats (Rank)||VCU Defense|
|68.9 (245)||Points/Gm||64.2 (50)|
|7.3 (273)||Possessions/Game||7.2 (79)|
|44.1 (208)||Field Goal %||42.2 (112)|
|34.8 (142)||3PT %||32.3 (121)|
|52.0 (126)||Effective FG %||47.3 (69)|
|55.5 (134)||True Shooting %||51.2 (58)|
VCU Offense Vs. Richmond Defense
|VCU Offense||Stats (Rank)||Richmond Defense|
|71.3 (186)||Points/Gm||64.5 (55)|
|7.2 (281)||Possessions/Game||7.3 (85)|
|45.8 (108)||Field Goal %||40.6 (45)|
|35.8 (92)||3PT %||31.1 (70)|
|52.1 (122)||Effective FG %||47.1 (62)|
|56.8 (74)||True Shooting %||50.4 (40)|
Best Betting Sites For Richmond vs VCU
Richmond Betting Insights
- Richmond is 9-9-1 ATS this season.
- The Spiders have been favored by 1.5 points or more 10 times this season, and covered the spread in four of those contests.
- Richmond’s games have hit the over nine out of 19 times this season.
- The Spiders and their opponents have combined to score more than 131.5 points in 10 of 19 games this season.
- Richmond’s matchups this year have an average point total of 133.5, 2.0 more points than this game’s over/under.
VCU Betting Insights
- VCU has won seven games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 12 times.
- The Rams have covered the spread once when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season (in three opportunities).
- VCU’s games have gone over the point total nine out of 19 times this season.
- The Rams have combined with their opponent to score more than 131.5 points in 11 of 19 games this season.
- VCU’s games this year have had a 135.5-point total on average, 4.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Richmond Key Players
- Tyler Burton leads the Spiders in points and rebounds. He averages 19.6 points per game while also adding 7.8 rebounds.
- Neal Quinn paces the team with 2.8 assists per game.
- Burton is the top three-point shooter for the Spiders, connecting on 1.9 per game.
- Richmond’s blocks leader is Matt Grace, who averages 0.9 per game. Burton leads the team averaging 1.7 steals an outing.
VCU Key Players
- Brandon Johns Jr. outpaced his teammates on the Rams scoring front by putting up 12.5 points per game. He adds 4.8 rebounds and 0.6 assists per game this season.
- The VCU leaders in rebounds and assists are Jalen Deloach (6.9 rebounds per game) and Adrian Baldwin Jr (6.0 assists per game).
- David Shriver leads the Rams in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 1.9 made threes per game.
- VCU’s Baldwin Jr has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 2.4 per game and Deloach is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.