The UTSA Roadrunners (7-11, 1-6 C-USA) aim to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Rice Owls (12-5, 3-3 C-USA) at 8:00 PM ET on Monday, January 16, 2023 at UTSA Convocation Center. The contest airs on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Owls’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Roadrunners ( ).
The insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of January 16, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Rice vs UTSA Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Rice Offense Vs. UTSA Defense
|Rice Offense||Stats (Rank)||UTSA Defense|
|81.7 (20)||Points/Gm||73.7 (291)|
|15.4 (19)||Possessions/Game||10.8 (222)|
|48.8 (16)||Field Goal %||44.6 (243)|
|36.4 (72)||3PT %||32.6 (135)|
|56.6 (13)||Effective FG %||50.3 (202)|
|60.1 (12)||True Shooting %||53.6 (129)|
UTSA Offense Vs. Rice Defense
|UTSA Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rice Defense|
|67.4 (296)||Points/Gm||74.0 (300)|
|10.8 (138)||Possessions/Game||15.4 (345)|
|40.3 (341)||Field Goal %||47.8 (343)|
|35.0 (127)||3PT %||35.2 (268)|
|47.4 (315)||Effective FG %||54.2 (332)|
|52.2 (285)||True Shooting %||62.0 (332)|
Best Betting Sites For Rice vs UTSA
Rice Betting Insights
- Rice is 8-6-0 ATS this season.
- The Owls have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- So far this season, 10 out of Rice’s 14 games have gone over the point total.
- In nine of 14 games this season, the Owls and their opponents have scored more than 153 points.
- The average total in Rice’s outings this year is 155.7, 2.7 more than this matchup’s over/under.
UTSA Betting Insights
- UTSA has covered seven times in 16 matchups with a spread this year.
- The Roadrunners have an ATS record of 4-6 when playing as at least 6-point underdogs this year.
- UTSA’s games have gone over the point total eight out of 16 times this season.
- The Roadrunners have played seven games this season that have gone over 153 combined points scored.
- The average over/under for UTSA’s matchups this season is 141.2, 11.8 fewer points than this game’s total.
Rice Key Players
- Max Fiedler leads the Owls in assists and rebounds. He dishes out 5.1 assists and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Rice is led in scoring by Quincy Olivari’s 18.4 points per game.
- Travis Evee connects on 2.6 treys per game to lead the Owls.
- Evee leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. Fiedler collects 0.9 blocks a game to pace Rice.
UTSA Key Players
- Japhet Medor’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Roadrunners scoring and assists leaderboards with 12.8 points per game and 3.7 assists per game.
- Jacob Germany’s 7.5 rebounds per game paces UTSA’s rebounding effort. He also adds 11.4 points per game.
- John Buggs III leads the Roadrunners in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- UTSA’s Medor has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Germany is first in blocks with 0.7 per game.