The Rice Owls (1-1) play the Southern Jaguars (1-1) on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Owls’ (to win on the moneyline) contest versus the Jaguars ( ).
This article uses lines current as of November 16, 2021 at 7:58 PM ET. Find all the latest odds for this outing in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rice vs Southern Betting Odds
Rice Offense Vs. Southern Defense (From 2020-21)
|Rice Offense||Stats (Rank)||Southern Defense|
|73.9 (104)||Points/Gm||70.3 (179)|
|71 (90)||Possessions/Game||73.8 (319)|
|44 (177)||Field Goal %||41.9 (87)|
|35.8 (78)||3PT %||33 (130)|
|52.6 (76)||Effective FG %||47.1 (53)|
|55.7 (87)||True Shooting %||51.3 (70)|
Southern Offense vs. Rice Defense (From 2020-21)
|Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rice Defense|
|69.8 (215)||Points/Gm||73.6 (265)|
|71.9 (68)||Possessions/Game||71.2 (252)|
|43.2 (220)||Field Goal %||44.9 (239)|
|32.3 (244)||3PT %||35.5 (276)|
|48 (273)||Effective FG %||51 (232)|
|52.3 (235)||True Shooting %||53.1 (175)|
Rice Betting Insights
- Rice covered 15 times in 32 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Owls did not cover the spread last season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 12-point favorites.
- Rice and its opponents combined to go over the point total 17 out of 32 times last season.
- In 20 of 32 games last season, Rice and its opponents combined to score more than 143.5 points.
- The average point total in Owls matchups last season was 145.8, 2.3 more points than the over/under for this game.
Southern Betting Insights
- Southern went 7-10-0 ATS last season.
- The Jaguars were an underdog by 12 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Southern’s games hit the over nine out of 17 times last season.
- Southern combined with its opponents to score more than 143.5 points in five of 17 games last season.
- Jaguars outings last year had a 137.8-point average over/under, 5.7 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Rice Key Players
- Max Fiedler grabed 8.7 rebounds and contributed 3.5 assists per game last season.
- Quincy Olivari put up 16.3 points per game.
- Olivari was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 3.1 per game.
- Travis Evee averaged 1.1 steals per game. Fiedler collected 0.8 blocks a game.
Southern Key Players
- Samkelo Cele contributed 11.7 points per game last season.
- Jayden Saddler collected 5.3 assists per game and Harrison Henderson grabbed 6.3 rebounds per contest.
- Cele connected on 1.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Cele grabbed 1.7 steals per game. Henderson averaged 0.4 blocks an outing.