The New Orleans Pelicans (0-0) are underdogs against the Toronto Raptors (0-0) at Amalie Arena on Wednesday, December 23, 2020. The game begins at 7:30 PM ET on FS-NO. The matchup’s over/under is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 22, 2020, 3:40 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 22
Raptors and Pelicans Records ATS
- Toronto went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 46-36-1.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Raptors were 21-16-1 against the spread last season.
- In 49.4% of its games last season (41/83), Toronto and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Last season, New Orleans managed an even 34-34-4 record ATS.
- When playing as at least a 4.5-point underdog last season, the Pelicans tended to met expectations with a 9-2-1 record against the spread.
- 45.8% of New Orleans’ 72 games last season fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
Pascal Siakam scored a team-high 44 points to help lead the Raptors past Brandon Ingram (27 points) and the Pelicans 122-104 in their last matchup on Friday. The Raptors were favored by 2.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 226 total points to fall short of the 232.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/8/2019||Raptors||Pelicans||-2.5||232.5||-139||117||Regular Season||122-104 TOR*|
|10/22/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-6.5||229||-278||226||Regular Season||130-122 TOR*|
|3/8/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-104 TOR|
|11/12/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-110 NO|
|11/15/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-116 TOR|
|11/9/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-118 TOR|
|3/8/2017||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||94-87 TOR|
|1/31/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-106 TOR|
|3/26/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-91 TOR|
|11/13/2015||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-81 TOR|
- 11/8/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- 10/22/2019 DNP – Pelicans: Zion Williamson
- In Toronto’s matchups last season, the Raptors and their opponents exceeded Wednesday’s total of 230.5 points 26 times (31.3% of opportunities).
- In 38 out of New Orleans’ 72 games last season (52.8%), the competing teams combined for more points than the point total in Wednesday’s matchup.
- Last season the average total for Raptors games was 218.7 points, 11.8 fewer than the over/under of 230.5 points for this contest.
- Pelicans’ games have a total points bet of 233 points last season, 2.5 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Raptors’ average implied point total last season was 5.6 fewer points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (112.4 implied points on average compared to 118 implied points in this game).
- Toronto outscored its implied point total for this matchup (118) 31 times last season.
- The 118.6-point average implied total last season for the Pelicans is 5.6 more points than the team’s 113-point implied total in this matchup.
- New Orleans scored more than this game’s implied total of 113 points 44 times last season.
- Last season, the Raptors were the league’s 13th-highest scoring team (112.3 PPG), while the Pelicans allowed the 27th-fewest points per game (117.1) in NBA play.
- The Raptors out-scored their opponents by a total of 494 points last season (six points per game on average), and opponents of the Pelicans out-scored them by 93 more points on the year (1.3 per game).
- Siakam scored 22.9 points per game last season while adding 7.3 rebounds.
- Kyle Lowry dished out 7.5 assists per game.
- Fred VanVleet collected 1.8 per game. Chris Boucher averaged 1.0 block an outing.
- Ingram contributed 23.8 points per game last season.
- Steven Adams collected 9.2 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball dished out 7.0 assists per matchup.
- Ball collected 1.4 per game. Adams averaged 1.1 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from