The Toronto Raptors (0-3) will try to break a three-game winning streak when they host the New York Knicks (2-2) on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at Amalie Arena as favorites. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on MSG. The point total is in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 31, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Knicks Betting Odds
Raptors vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 31
Raptors: Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
Knicks: Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right knee), Austin Rivers: Day To Day (Groin), Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Quad), Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle), Obi Toppin: Out (Calf), Omari Spellman: Out (Right calf), Immanuel Quickley: Day To Day (Hip)
Raptors and Knicks Records ATS
- Toronto put together a 46-36-1 record against the spread last season.
- The Raptors had a winning record against the spread when favored by 9 points or more, going 10-5 last season.
- Toronto and its opponents went over the set total in only 41 of 83 games last season (49.4%).
- With a 34-30-1 record ATS last season, New York outplayed expectations ATS last season.
- New York and its opponents typically did not cover the total points bet last season, only hitting the over in 47.7% (31) of their 65 games played.
Head to Head
Kyle Lowry (26 points) led the Raptors over Damyean Dotson (21 points) and the Knicks 118-112 in their most recent matchup on Friday. The Raptors were favored by 8.5 points in the game, but the Knicks covered the spread. The 230 total points in the matchup went over the 217.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/24/2020||Raptors||Knicks||-8.5||217.5||-421||328||Regular Season||118-112 TOR*|
|11/27/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-9.5||211.5||-491||380||Regular Season||126-98 TOR*|
|3/28/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-92 TOR|
|3/18/2019||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-92 TOR|
|2/9/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-99 TOR|
|11/10/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-112 TOR|
|3/11/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-106 TOR|
|2/8/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-88 TOR|
|11/22/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-100 NY|
|11/17/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-84 TOR|
- 1/24/2020 DNP – Knicks: RJ Barrett
- 11/27/2019 DNP – Raptors: Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- In Toronto’s matchups last season, the Raptors and their opponents eclipsed Thursday’s total of 216.5 points 45 times (54.2% of opportunities).
- In New York’s games last season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Thursday’s matchup over/under in 32 out of 66 matchups (48.5%).
- Last season, the average total for Raptors games was 218.7 points, 2.2 more than the over/under of 216.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Knicks’ games last season (218.1 points).
- The Raptors’ average implied point total last season was 0.6 fewer points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (112.4 implied points on average compared to 113 implied points in this game).
- Toronto scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (113) 42 times last season.
- The 112.1-point average implied total last season for the Knicks is 8.1 more points than the team’s 104-point implied total in this matchup.
- Last season, New York scored more than this game’s implied total of 104 points 35 times.
- Last season, the Raptors were the NBA’s 13th-highest scoring team (112.3 PPG), while the Knicks allowed their opponents the 18th-fewest points per game (112.3) in the league.
- The Raptors out-scored their opponents by a total of 494 points last season (six points per game on average), and opponents of the Knicks out-scored them by 426 more points on the year (6.5 per game).
- Pascal Siakam put up 22.9 points per game last season and grabed 7.3 rebounds a contest.
- Lowry dished out 7.5 assists per game.
- Fred VanVleet collected 1.8 per game. Chris Boucher averaged 1.0 block a contest.
- Julius Randle contributed 19.5 points per game last season and pulled down 9.7 rebounds a contest.
- Elfrid Payton collected 7.2 assists per game.
- Payton grabbed 1.6 per game. Mitchell Robinson averaged 2.0 blocks an outing.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from