The Toronto Raptors (2-8) take on the Charlotte Hornets (6-6) as favorites on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 14, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Hornets Betting Odds
Raptors vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 14
Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
Gordon Hayward: Day To Day (Hip),
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Raptors and Hornets Records ATS
- Toronto is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 3-7
- When favored by at least 8 points, the Raptors are 1-0 against the spread this season.
- 5 of 10 Toronto games this season (50%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- So far this season, Charlotte holds an even 6-6 record ATS.
- 25% of Charlotte’s 12 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
Terry Rozier scored a team-high 18 points to lead the Hornets past Pascal Siakam (24 points) and the Raptors 99-96 in their last matchup on February 28, 2020. The Raptors were favored by 13.5 points in the game, but the Hornets covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 195 total points to fall short of the 214-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/28/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-13.5||214||-1173||748||Regular Season||99-96 CHA*|
|1/8/2020||Raptors||Hornets||-2.5||207.5||-140||117||Regular Season||112-110 TOR*|
|11/18/2019||Raptors||Raptors||-8.5||214.5||-414||320||Regular Season||132-96 TOR*|
|4/5/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-111 CHA|
|3/24/2019||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-114 CHA|
|10/22/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-106 TOR|
|3/4/2018||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-98 TOR|
|2/11/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-103 TOR|
|12/20/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-111 TOR|
|11/29/2017||–||Raptors||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-113 TOR|
- 2/28/2020 DNP – Raptors: Fred VanVleet, Serge Ibaka; Hornets: Cody Zeller
- 1/8/2020 DNP – Raptors: Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet, Norman Powell
- 11/18/2019 DNP – Raptors: Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka
- Toronto’s games this year have gone over the point total for Thursday’s matchup over/under (221.5 points) in 360% of opportunities (36 out of 10 matchups).
- In three out of Charlotte’s 12 games this year (25%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the over/under in Thursday’s matchup.
- On average, the Raptors have seen a 223.6 over/under in their games this season, 2.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Hornets’ games have an over/under of 214.4 points this season, 7.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Raptors this season is 113.5 points, 1.5 fewer points than their implied total of 115 points in Thursday’s game.
- So far this season, Toronto has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (115) 37 times.
- The 114.2-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 7.2 more points than the team’s 107-point implied total in this matchup.
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points seven times this season.
- The Raptors are the league’s 18th-highest scoring team (111.1 PPG), while the Hornets allow the eighth-fewest points per game (107.2) in NBA play.
- The Raptors have been out-scored by 14 points this season (1.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Hornets have out-scored them by just one more point on the year (zero per game).
- The Raptors scoring leader is Fred VanVleet, who contributes 20.9 points per game.
- VanVleet’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 2.7 less than his season average of 31.2.
- Toronto is led in rebounding by Siakam’s 8.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Kyle Lowry’s 6.7 assists per game .
- Lowry’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 2.2 less than his season average of 31.7.
- VanVleet is the top three-point shooter for the Raptors, hitting 3.5 per game.
- VanVleet’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Toronto’s steals leader is OG Anunoby, who averages 1.8 per game. Chris Boucher leads the team averaging 2.6 blocks an outing.
- Anunoby’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
- Gordon Hayward outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 22.0 points per game. He adds 5.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game this season.
- Hayward’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 3.3 less than his season average of 30.8.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are LaMelo Ball (7.1 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.6 assists per game).
- Graham’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 26.5, 5.3 greater than his season average of 21.2.
- Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, knocking down 3.3 threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots less than his season average of 3.3.
- Graham is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.7 steals per game and Bismack Biyombo leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Biyombo’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 block lower than his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from