A game after he went off for 31 points in a 122-120 win over the Pistons, Jaylen Brown leads the Boston Celtics (4-3) on the road against the Toronto Raptors (1-4) on Monday, January 4, 2021. The Celtics are in the matchup, which airs at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 4, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Celtics Betting Odds
Raptors vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 4
Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Jeff Teague: Day To Day (Ankle),
Javonte Green: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Raptors and Celtics Records ATS
- Toronto is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 1-4
- The Raptors have an even record against the spread when favored by at least 3 points, going 1-1 this season.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 2 of 5 games this season (40%).
- Boston holds a losing record ATS this season with three wins and four losses ATS.
- When playing as at least a 3-point underdog, the Celtics frequently come up short with only a 1-3 record against the spread.
- Four of Boston’s seven games (57.1%) this season have gone over the over/under.
VIDEO: NBA picks and predictions for tonight
Head to Head
Jayson Tatum (29 points) led the Celtics over Fred VanVleet (20 points) and the Raptors 92-87 in their most recent matchup on Friday. The Celtics were favored by 3 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 179 total points in the matchup went under the 204.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/7/2020||Raptors||Raptors||-1.5||221.5||-125||105||Regular Season||122-100 BOS|
|12/28/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-7||216||-307||246||Regular Season||113-97 TOR*|
|12/25/2019||Celtics||Raptors||-4||213||-183||151||Regular Season||118-102 BOS*|
- 9/11/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/9/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/7/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/5/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/3/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 9/1/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 8/30/2020 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward
- 12/28/2019 DNP – Raptors: Pascal Siakam, Norman Powell
- 12/25/2019 DNP – Raptors: Pascal Siakam, Norman Powell; Celtics: Marcus Smart
- The Raptors are at the 27th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (104.4 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 18th-fewest points per game (112.3) in the league.
- The Raptors have a -13-point scoring differential on the season (-2.6 per game). The Celtics have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-5 total points, -0.7 per game).
- The Raptors scoring leader is VanVleet, who averages 19.2 points per game.
- VanVleet’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 1.7 lower than his season average of 30.2.
- Toronto is led in rebounding by OG Anunoby’s 6.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Kyle Lowry’s 8.2 assists per game .
- Lowry’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 2.9 lower than his season average of 31.4.
- VanVleet is the top three-point shooter for the Raptors, knocking down 3.4 per game.
- VanVleet’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots less than his season average of 3.4.
- Toronto’s steals leader is Anunoby, who averages 2.2 per game. Chris Boucher leads the team averaging 2.2 blocks a contest.
- Anunoby’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 steals less than his season average of 2.2.
- Brown outpaced his teammates on the Celtics scoring front by putting up 28.0 points per game. He adds 4.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game this season.
- Brown’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 6.2 less than his season average of 35.7.
- The Boston leaders in rebounds and assists are Tristan Thompson (9.0 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (6.7 assists per game).
- Thompson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 4.0 greater than his season average of 19.5.
- Tatum makes more threes per game than any other member of the Celtics, cashing in 3.1 treys per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Nobody on Boston grabs more steals than Jeff Teague (1.7 per game) or blocks more shots than Robert Williams III (1.5 per game).
- Teague’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 1.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from