The Texas Rangers (12-16) match up with the Kansas City Royals (9-18) after Corey Seager hit a pair of home runs in a 6-4 win over the Royals. It begins at 8:05 PM ET on Wednesday. Kansas City () has yet to name a starting pitcher while Texas ( to win) is projected to start Matt Bush.
The betting insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of May 12, 2022 at 3:25 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook $1,100 Bonus Make your first bet and you’ll get a free bet back if it loses for up to $1,100. Promo Code: LEGALCZR
Rangers vs Royals Betting Odds
The Royals have not named a probable pitcher as of May 12, 2022.
|1 – 1||W/L||–|
Rangers Probable Starter Matt Bush
- The Rangers will look to Bush (1-1) in his second start of the season.
- In his last time out — out of the bullpen on Sunday — the righty tossed zero scoreless innings against the New York Yankees while surrendering one hit.
- In his 12 appearances this season, he has a 4.09 ERA and averages 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- He will face a Royals team that is batting .219 as a unit (26th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .312 (28th in MLB) with 13 total home runs (29th in MLB).
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of May 12, 2022 at 3:25 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have a 2-3 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 40% of those games).
- When it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -136 or shorter, Texas has gone 2-2 (50%).
- The Rangers have a 57.6% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Texas has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 28 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 11 of those games (11-14-3).
- The Rangers are 17-11-0 against the spread this season.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have won six, or 28.6%, of the 21 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Kansas City has won two of its 13 games, or 15.4%, when they’re the underdog by at least +116 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 46.3% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- Kansas City and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 12 of their 27 opportunities.
- In 27 games with a spread this season, the Royals are 12-15-0 ATS.
Rangers Players to Watch
- Seager has accumulated 26 hits, a team-high for the Rangers. He’s hitting .243 with a double, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Among the qualified batters in MLB play, Seager ranks 88th in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage, and 63rd in slugging.
- Jonah Heim is batting .364 with three doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Adolis Garcia has four doubles, a triple, four home runs and eight walks while batting .208.
- Brad Miller has a double, three home runs and two walks while hitting .212.
Rangers Batting Stats (2022)
Royals Players to Watch
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in OBP (.370), slugging percentage (.398) and OPS (.768) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Benintendi’s batting average is 10th, his on-base percentage is 30th, and he is 79th in slugging percentatge.
- Hunter Dozier leads Kansas City with 24 hits. He is batting .270 this season and has 11 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters, Dozier ranks 50th in batting average, 100th in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .213 with a .293 slugging percentage and nine RBI this year.
- Salvador Perez has been key for Kansas City with 20 hits, an OBP of .223 plus a slugging percentage of .383.
Royals Batting Stats (2022)
|Bobby Witt Jr.||100||.220||10||1||7||.250||.570|
|Michael A. Taylor||75||.213||10||2||9||.310||.603|
Rangers vs Royals Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from