The Rangers areon the moneyline to win, while the Capitals have odds to claim victory when the teams meet on Friday. The total in this matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of April 29, 2022 at 6:13 PM ET.
Claim FanDuel Sportsbook’s Bonus and get a risk-free bet up to $1,000 when you sign up!
Rangers Vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Rangers Vs. Capitals Player Props
Injury Report as of April 29
Rangers: Sammy Blais: Out (Knee), Andrew Copp: Out (Lower Body), Artemi Panarin: Out (Upper Body), Tyler Motte: Out (Upper Body)
Capitals: Alex Ovechkin: Questionable (Upper Body), Carl Hagelin: Out (Face), Joe Snively: Out (Wrist)
|Rangers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Capitals Defense|
|3.06 (16)||Goals/Game||2.96 (13)|
|29.0 (28)||Shots/Game||28.9 (5)|
|10.6% (8)||Shooting %||10.2% (23)|
|8.4 (17)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||6.6 (19)|
|Capitals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rangers Defense|
|3.32 (10)||Goals/Game||2.49 (2)|
|31.3 (14)||Shots/Game||30.8 (11)|
|10.6% (8)||Shooting %||8.1% (1)|
|7.1 (7)||Giveaways/Game vs Takeaways/Game||7.6 (8)|
Rangers And Capitals Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won 34 of their 47 games when listed as a moneyline favorite this season (72.3%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -110 or shorter, New York has a record of 36-14 (winning 72.0%).
- The Rangers have a 52.4% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- The Capitals have won 14, or 53.8%, of the 26 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- Washington has entered 30 games this season as an underdog by -110 or more and is 17-13 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 52.4% chance of victory for the Capitals.
Head to Head
In the last meeting between these squads, New York earned a 4-1 win. The Rangers were led by Mika Zibanejad (one goal and one assist) and Alexis Lafreniere (one goal and one assist). Alex Ovechkin put up one goal for the Capitals.
- With 22 goals and 74 assists this season, Artemi Panarin is one of New York’s leading contributors (96 points).
- Zibanejad has 82 points (30 goals, 52 assists) to add to the team’s offensive efforts.
- With 77 points through 80 games (52 goals and 25 assists), Chris Kreider has been an important part of New York’s offensive efforts this season.
- Igor Shesterkin (32-13-2) has a 2.1 goals against average and a save percentage of .935 for New York.
- Ovechkin has scored 50 goals (0.6 per game) and collected 41 assists (0.5 per game), fueling the Washington offense with 91 total points (1.2 per game). He averages 4.3 shots per game, shooting 15%.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov has helped lead the offense for Washington this season with 24 goals and 53 assists.
- John Carlson has posted 16 goals on the season, adding 54 assists.
- Vitek Vanecek is 18-12-2 on the season, giving up 103 goals (2.7 goals against average) and collecting 1016 saves with a .908 save percentage (27th in the league).