The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 8, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Rams vs Patriots Betting Odds
Rams vs Patriots Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Rams games average 45.3 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- Games involving the Patriots this year have averaged 44.1 points per game, a 0.4-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
- Rams games have gone over 44.5 points on five occasions this season (41.7% of matchups).
- In six (50%) games this season, the Patriots have combined with their opponents to go over 44.5 points.
- These two teams score a combined average of 47.9 points per game, higher than the total for this matchup by 3.4 points.
- The Rams score the 17th-most points in the league this season, while the Patriots’ offense puts up the 23rd-most.
- The over/under for this game is set at 44.5 points, 3.1 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average.
- New England has surrendered the seventh-fewest points in the league this season, while Los Angeles has given up the fifth-fewest.
Rams Betting Insights
- Los Angeles is 7-5 against the spread.
- The Rams are 2-1 ATS when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone under the point total in eight out of 12 outings this season (66.7%).
Patriots Betting Insights
- Just four of New England’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (33.3% of its opportunities).
- New England has put together a 6-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a split ATS record of 2-2 when an underdog by at least 5.5 points.
When the Rams Have the Ball
- The Rams, on average, score 3.9 more points per game this season (25.1) than the Patriots allow (21.2).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 4-1 and 4-1 against the spread.
- New England is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.2 points.
- The Rams hold a 50.7-yard advantage in total yards gained versus total yards allowed compared to the Patriots defense this season (395.3 to 344.6). The Rams average 5.8 yards per play while the Patriots give up 5.8 per play.
- When the Los Angeles offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season.
- When the New England defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- The Rams have averaged 124.2 yards per game on the ground this season, 5.4 yards more than the Patriots have allowed to opposing rushing attacks (118.8).
- In games where the Los Angeles rushing attack puts together at least their season average this season, the Rams are 4-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- When New England holds opposing teams to 118.8 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- The Rams have turned the ball over 1.7 times per game this season, while the Patriots have averaged 1.5 takeaways per contest.
- When Los Angeles turns the football over 1.7 times or fewer this season, they are 7-1 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- New England is 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall this season when they force at least 1.5 turnovers in a game.
When the Patriots Have the Ball
- The Patriots score 22.8 points per game, comparable to the 20.2 per matchup the Rams allow.
- New England is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 22.8 points.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 25.1 or fewer points.
- The Patriots collect 50.7 more yards per game (342.3), than the Rams allow per outing (291.6). On average, the Patriots gain 5.4 yards per play, while the Rams give up 4.6 per play.
- In games Los Angeles keeps its opponents to 291.6 or fewer yards, it has a 4-1 record ATS and a 4-1 record overall.
- This season, the Patriots rack up 150.9 yards per game on the ground, 57.6 more per game than the Rams allow per contest (93.3).
- When New England runs for at least 150.9 yards, it compiled a 5-2 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record.
- Los Angeles is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when holding opponents to 93.3 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Patriots turn the ball over 1.4 times per game, 0.3 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.7 the Rams force on average.
- New England has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.4 times or less.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when it forces at least 1.7 turnovers.
Rams Players to Watch
- Jared Goff has thrown for 3,371 yards while completing 68.4% of his passes (308-of-450), with 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions (280.9 yards per game).
- Darrell Henderson has taken 123 carries for 561 rushing yards (46.8 yards per game) and five touchdowns in 12 games.
- Through 12 games, Malcolm Brown has run for 367 yards on 90 carries (30.6 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- This season, Cooper Kupp has 74 catches (on 106 targets) for 836 yards (69.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Robert Woods has also tacked on 763 yards on 71 catches with five touchdowns. He has been targeted 98 times and puts up 63.6 receiving yards per game.
- Josh Reynolds has caught 39 passes on 61 targets for 509 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 42.4 yards per game.
- Aaron Donald has notched a team-leading 11 sacks, while adding nine TFL and 34 tackles this year.
- This year, John Johnson has totaled 80 tackles, two TFL, and one interception.
- Darious Williams has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 26 tackles, a TFL, and 13 passes defended.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Cam Newton has thrown for 2,053 yards while completing 66.7% of his passes (190-of-285), with five touchdowns and nine interceptions in 12 games this year (171.1 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 106 times for 435 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 36.3 yards per game.
- Damien Harris has picked up 641 rushing yards (71.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns in nine games.
- This season, Damiere Byrd has 37 catches (on 58 targets) to lead the team with 518 yards (43.2 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Jakobi Meyers has also tacked on 38 catches for 458 yards in 10 games this year. He has been targeted 53 times and averages 45.8 receiving yards per game.
- James White has totaled 267 yards on 37 passes, averaging 26.7 yards per game on 46 targets.
- Chase Winovich has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected four TFL, 35 tackles, and one interception.
- Adrian Phillips has collected 82 tackles, five TFL, and two interceptions this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from