The No. 5 Purdue Boilermakers (28-5, 15-5 Big Ten) will look to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Penn State Nittany Lions (22-12, 10-10 Big Ten) at 3:30 PM ET on Sunday, March 12, 2023. The Nittany Lions have won five games in a row. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Boilermakers’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Nittany Lions ( ).
The betting trends in the following article use the latest odds as of March 12, 2023 at 1:39 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus up to $1,250!
Purdue vs Penn State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Purdue Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Purdue Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|73.3 (136)||Points/Gm||68.4 (124)|
|32.7 (248)||Possessions/Game||39.8 (346)|
|46.2 (76)||Field Goal %||43.1 (127)|
|33.1 (237)||3PT %||33.5 (148)|
|52.4 (100)||Effective FG %||49.3 (121)|
|57.0 (61)||True Shooting %||52.7 (97)|
Penn State Offense Vs. Purdue Defense
|Penn State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Purdue Defense|
|72.5 (159)||Points/Gm||62.7 (22)|
|39.8 (18)||Possessions/Game||32.7 (109)|
|46.6 (62)||Field Goal %||41.6 (48)|
|39.1 (6)||3PT %||31.6 (56)|
|56.0 (11)||Effective FG %||47.2 (40)|
|57.1 (57)||True Shooting %||49.5 (10)|
Best Betting Sites For Purdue vs Penn State
UP TO $1,250 BONUS
New User Bonus. T&Cs Apply.
DraftKings Promo: Bet $5 Win $200
PLUS $50 Bonus Bet On Deposit
PLUS Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
To Claim: Click Play Now
UP TO $1,250
Stream NFL Games In App For Free
+ get 1,000 Caesars Reward Credits
+ also get 1,000 Tier Credits
Redeem for Bet Credits, Hotel Stays, & More!
Use Promo Code: BETODDSFULL
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue is 13-19-1 ATS this season.
- The Boilermakers are 8-10 ATS this season when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 15 out of 33 times this season.
- The Boilermakers’ 33 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 134.5 points 19 times.
- Purdue has an average total of 135.9 in its games this year, 1.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State is 20-14-0 ATS this year.
- The Nittany Lions have been an underdog by 7.5 points or more three times this year, and covered the spread in two of those games.
- In Penn State’s 34 chances this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 20 times.
- The Nittany Lions have played 21 games this season that ended with a point total above 134.5 points.
- The average over/under for Penn State’s outings this season is 141.0, 6.5 more points than this game’s total.
Purdue Key Players
- Zach Edey leads the Boilermakers in scoring (22.1 points per game) and rebounding (12.8 rebounds per game).
- Purdue’s assists leader is Braden Smith, who dishes out 4.2 per game.
- The Boilermakers are led by Fletcher Loyer from long distance. He connects on 1.7 shots from deep per game.
- Purdue’s steals leader is Smith, who averages 1.2 per game. Edey leads the team averaging 2.2 blocks a contest.
Penn State Key Players
- Jalen Pickett leads the Nittany Lions in all things points, rebounds and assists, scoring 18.1 points, 7.4 grabbing rebounds and handing out 6.8 assists per game.
- Andrew Funk is tops from three-point range for the Nittany Lions, hitting 3.0 treys per game.
- Pickett tops Penn State in steals with 0.9 per game, and Seth Lundy leads the squad in blocks with 0.6 per game.