The No. 22 Providence Friars (14-5, 6-2 Big East) will look to build on a seven-game home win streak when they take on the DePaul Blue Demons (9-10, 3-5 Big East) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Dunkin’ Donuts Center. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on FS1. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Friars’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Blue Demons ( ).
The betting insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM ET.
Providence vs DePaul Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Providence Offense Vs. DePaul Defense
|Providence Offense||Stats (Rank)||DePaul Defense|
|79.0 (39)||Points/Gm||74.6 (311)|
|46.7 (64)||Field Goal %||44.5 (232)|
|33.5 (211)||3PT %||34.9 (247)|
|51.8 (136)||Effective FG %||50.4 (207)|
|56.7 (82)||True Shooting %||54.4 (164)|
DePaul Offense Vs. Providence Defense
|DePaul Offense||Stats (Rank)||Providence Defense|
|71.7 (178)||Points/Gm||69.1 (179)|
|41.7 (317)||Field Goal %||42.8 (143)|
|35.5 (106)||3PT %||32.0 (106)|
|49.0 (272)||Effective FG %||47.9 (101)|
|53.7 (219)||True Shooting %||51.6 (73)|
Best Betting Sites For Providence vs DePaul
Providence Betting Insights
- Providence has covered 11 times in 19 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Friars have been favored by 9.5 points or more seven times this season, and covered the spread in four of those contests.
- A total of 10 out of Providence’s 19 games this season have gone over the point total.
- The Friars’ 19 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 145.5 points nine times.
- The average total in Providence’s contests this year is 148.1, 2.6 more than this matchup’s over/under.
DePaul Betting Insights
- DePaul has put together a 9-8-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Blue Demons have covered the spread once when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year (in two opportunities).
- In DePaul’s 19 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total eight times.
- Blue Demons games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 145.5 points in nine of 19 outings.
- DePaul has a 146.3-point average over/under in its outings this season, 0.8 more points than this game’s total.
Providence Key Players
- Bryce Hopkins leads the Friars in scoring (16.4 points per game) and rebounding (9.2 rebounds per game).
- The team is led in assists by Jared Bynum’s 4.4 per game.
- Noah Locke knocks down 2.0 treys per game to lead the Friars.
- Providence’s blocks leader is Clifton Moore, who collects 1.3 per game. Devin Carter leads the team averaging 1.9 steals an outing.
DePaul Key Players
- Javan Johnson owns the Blue Demons top spot in scoring with 15.7 points per game and also tacks on 4.7 rebounds and 2.2 assists per contest.
- When it comes to DePaul leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Eral Penn with 7.5 rebounds per game and Umoja Gibson with 5.1 assists per game.
- Johnson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Blue Demons, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- DePaul’s Gibson has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 2.2 per game and Penn is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.