The Pepperdine Waves (7-13, 0-6 WCC) will try to stop a seven-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Portland Pilots (10-11, 2-4 WCC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Chiles Center. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on WCC. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Pilots’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Waves ( ).
The insights in this article are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook Bonus Bonus up to $1,250!
Portland vs Pepperdine Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Portland Offense Vs. Pepperdine Defense
|Portland Offense||Stats (Rank)||Pepperdine Defense|
|77.0 (69)||Points/Gm||78.5 (350)|
|15.2 (40)||Possessions/Game||10.4 (164)|
|45.4 (134)||Field Goal %||44.4 (220)|
|37.2 (45)||3PT %||34.5 (227)|
|53.9 (57)||Effective FG %||50.0 (185)|
|58.0 (39)||True Shooting %||57.0 (247)|
Pepperdine Offense Vs. Portland Defense
|Pepperdine Offense||Stats (Rank)||Portland Defense|
|77.3 (63)||Points/Gm||77.0 (337)|
|10.4 (197)||Possessions/Game||15.2 (324)|
|46.6 (68)||Field Goal %||44.6 (236)|
|37.6 (36)||3PT %||37.2 (330)|
|53.3 (76)||Effective FG %||52.5 (293)|
|56.0 (116)||True Shooting %||56.0 (217)|
Best Betting Sites For Portland vs Pepperdine
Portland Betting Insights
- Portland is 9-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Pilots have been favored by 4 points or more six times this season, and covered the spread in four of those matchups.
- Portland and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 11 out of 19 times this season.
- In six of 19 games this season, the Pilots and their opponents have gone over 164 points.
- The average total in Portland’s contests this year is 154.0, 10.0 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Pepperdine Betting Insights
- Pepperdine has compiled a 6-12-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Waves have covered the spread once when an underdog by 4 points or more this year (in seven opportunities).
- So far this year, 11 out of Pepperdine’s 18 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Waves have played five games this season that have had more than 164 combined points scored.
- The average total for Pepperdine’s games this season is 155.8 points, 8.2 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Portland Key Players
- The Pilots points and rebounds leader is Moses Wood. He averages 14.6 points per game and grabs 6.2 rebounds.
- Tyler Robertson paces the team with 5.5 assists per game.
- The Pilots are led by Wood from long distance. He makes 2.5 shots from deep per game.
- Portland’s blocks leader is Kristian Sjolund, who averages 0.6 per game. Alden Applewhite leads the team averaging 0.9 steals a game.
Pepperdine Key Players
- Maxwell Lewis outpaced his teammates on the Waves scoring front by putting up 18.9 points per game. He adds 5.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Pepperdine leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Jevon Porter with 6.8 rebounds per game and Mike Mitchell Jr. with 4.9 assists per game.
- Mitchell Jr. leads the Waves in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.2 made threes per game.
- Pepperdine’s Mitchell Jr. has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Carson Basham is first in blocks with 1.3 per game.